Timbaland's Gear

hanayalator

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 11
Does anyone know what type of shit Timbaland uses to make his beats? I've been listening to the Justin Timberlake album pretty hard and the production on it is pretty great.

TKNK

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
He has a Classic Korg Triton fully expanded with the Vintage & Future Loops EXB Cards.The only reason i know this is cause i have the triton with the same cards and there are alot of factory sounds he uses w/ no tweaks like the Melltron strings on "The Game -Let me put you on the game. Plus if you watch "Jay-Z -Faded to Black" documentary, you can see him playing/controlling demos off the Triton. Also if you mess around with the Triton's Vintage EXB Card you'll hear alot of percussion/drum sounds he uses on every track.

O

open mind

Does anyone know what type of shit Timbaland uses to make his beats? I've been listening to the Justin Timberlake album pretty hard and the production on it is pretty great.

hmmmm... just digg deep into finish underground groups to sample from them then u should basicaly have that "TIMBO" sound.

LMFAO sorry i couldnt resisit.

HAAHHAAHAH

seriously.to get that timbo sound u need this

1.crazy synths (hardware/software)
2.crazy drum patterns with lots of percussions
3.huge compression
4.use of speech to create a type of soundfx (fillers for laggin compositions LOL)
5.finish samples OOPS I DID IT AGAIN LMFAO.ll1!!!

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
hmmmm... just digg deep into finish underground groups to sample from them then u should basicaly have that "TIMBO" sound.

LMFAO sorry i couldnt resisit.

HAAHHAAHAH

seriously.to get that timbo sound u need this

1.crazy synths
2.crazy drum patterns with lots of percussions
3.huge compression
4.use of speech to create a type of soundfx (fillers for laggin compositions LOL)
5.finish samples OOPS I DID IT AGAIN LMFAO.ll1!!!

LOL thats too much Haha

Hi-Lo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yeah man the production on that JT album is amazing. that track what goes around comes around is really something.

i know Danjahandz, timbo's right hand man, uses the mpc 4000 and a lot of synth gear...i believe in addition to the triton he uses the korg oasys, nord lead, and a whole lot of software.

manguino

Pressure Makes Diamonds
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
What Goes Around Comes Around is incredible. The amount of layering and the transition to the ending is incredible.

Hi-Lo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i dont know if he uses customs or if he's jsut created his own patches on the open labs LX hybrid keyboard, which I know he uses. that thing is a freaking beast.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
i know a guy that helped timbo put his studio togther, also helped neptunes and some others major prodcuers/engineers do theirs too... hes the one that told told me he has some customs vsts, but for the most part, he is using the same equipment that alot of us use

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
i think a lot of his latest sounds are just obscure vst's or sampled stuff that hes playing, him and danja have been using sum crazy sounds l8ly !
i kno danja uses the andromeda a6 tho and thats a beast and very programmable so chances are they are making a lot of kewl sounds on that !

kojo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I saw Tim using Native Instruments Intakt (Now discontinued) within Cubase in some vid. Must be what he uses to flip samples with. Danja uses the 4000, triton, motif, andromeda, and a bunch of VSTs within cubase as well.

kojo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
He has a Classic Korg Triton fully expanded with the Vintage & Future Loops EXB Cards.The only reason i know this is cause i have the triton with the same cards and there are alot of factory sounds he uses w/ no tweaks like the Melltron strings on "The Game -Let me put you on the game. Plus if you watch "Jay-Z -Faded to Black" documentary, you can see him playing/controlling demos off the Triton. Also if you mess around with the Triton's Vintage EXB Card you'll hear alot of percussion/drum sounds he uses on every track.

What about lloyd Bank's "Im so fly"? the sounds in that off the triton too?

Hi-Lo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I think he uses the Beetmaker VST. I can hear the Masterizer in alot of his tracks.

lol

i saw some pics from his new studio...his main keyboards are a M Audio Ozonic 37 Key controller, oxygen 61 midi keyboard, he's got a CME UF8, same board i have, and a computer running cubase with a Open Labs Hybrid neko LX chilling on the side. The Neko was probably used to get rid of all of his tritons, motifs, etc...it has a sample mode where it will take every sound and effects module off of a machine and store it on its hard drive, so I'm assuming he did that just to simplify things.

O

open mind

it has a sample mode where it will take every sound and effects module off of a machine and store it on its hard drive, so I'm assuming he did that just to simplify things.

wow this seem to be a must if u dealing with lots of hardware stations.