Reviews Tone Liv - Junk Yard Dog

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
00-junkyard23.jpg

Straight out of Perth Amboy, New Jersey, Tone Liv has been putting in work for a minute and dropping quality music non-stop. He now releases "Junk Yard Dog", with a lineup of 15 tracks.

Right from the start, the album starts off the proper way by hitting you with a head-nodding drum pattern, accompanied by some dog barks. "Check the anthem, ringing like a telephone, lines connect, Tone Liv bring 'em home", is spit over a hard-hitting intro to this album.

"State of Emergency" featuring Sol Zalez & B. Stilt is another solid track where Tone states, "I dig big cause I'm feeling notorious, spit rounds lyrically seek and destroying it". With a dope piano loop and a great low-end, this one's sure to be a hit amongst Jersey's habitants because of the hook, "Jersey's all I know".

"We Here All Night" featuring Daniel Joseph starts off with nice sample that gets flipped and ends up morphing into something that keeps me drawn in.

"Raw Form" drops with a smooth vibe and gives Tone Liv room to breathe and take his time with what he's got to say. It's a very chill track, I just wish it was a bit longer.

Another smooth track drops, "YOU" featuring Blackout, and it has a great sounding soul sample that's looped in the background, unfortunately it's another short track.

"Wounded" featuring Pryme Prolifik, Mr. Fickle, and Toni Marie is a solid track with a simple drum loop that fits well with the sample. Each MC shines as this is a good posse cut.

The final track on the album, "Angelous" featuring Rhymaggedon is the most solid track overall. It's a nice blend of everything! The drums, bass, and the sampled melody all fit perfectly. Solid.

Conclusion

This is a good album that shows a lot of consitency throughout, and is surely to push Tone Liv more into the hip hop spotlight.

Score: 4 / 5

More Information:

members online