Top 5 Recording Software

2infamouz

Mad Beats, No Angry Vegetables
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
I'm working on an article about recording software, and was curious if you had to pick 5, what would they be? Not in any specific order, just the 5 best programs for your DAW. ie: Reason, Pro Tools, FL Studio, Ableton Live, etc..

What are your 5 picks?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I don't necessarily have a top 5 because I've stuck with 1 or 2 programs over the years. But from my experience:

- cakewalk
- reason
- fruity loops/fl studio
- cool edit pro / adobe audition

2infamouz

ill o.g.
I think my favorites are Ableton Live, FL Studio, Reason, and StudioOne for now. I don't have a 5th either :D

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
I dont have a top 5 either, i dont use 5 and also there is a distinction between a proper allround program and one that's mainly focusing on production and not recording.

-Logic (all round).
-Protools (all round).
-Cubase/Nuendo (allround)
-FLstudio (production/sketches possibly recording but not preferably)
-No clue

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 170
No one likes Ableton Live ? lol

In my case, it's not that I don't like Ableton. I have just had way more exposure to the others, and when I get workflow going in one system, I'll need a real good reason to go with something else. But if for some reason I didn't have FL, I'd use Ableton. I feel I could get a similar workflow going. I love Reasons sounds, but that about it. I Rewire it to FL.

2infamouz

ill o.g.
In my case, it's not that I don't like Ableton. I have just had way more exposure to the others, and when I get workflow going in one system, I'll need a real good reason to go with something else. But if for some reason I didn't have FL, I'd use Ableton. I feel I could get a similar workflow going. I love Reasons sounds, but that about it. I Rewire it to FL.

yeah i still work the fastest in FL. I love Reason but ive never got my worflow down in it, havent put in enough time. When I do use it now its rewired to FL like you said

2infamouz

ill o.g.
100% agree the person using it is the real factor... the article was more for ppl looking to start so they had an idea of whats out there, I was just curious what u guys were using and liked

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
ha ha, sorry did not mean to come off snarky.

Pro tools is the software you need to know if you want to walk in to any studio and work, or if you want to be a pro engineer. Other than that use what works with your brain. For me its Reason, if not Reason then Ableton as a second.