1. The next Beat This! Competition will be from April 25-26th!

VESTAX VRX-2000 and the Kingston Dubplatecutter

1. Haze47

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
    *** ill o.g. ***
    Wow,
    We have entered the next step in home studio production, no longer will the feel of our own wax feel alien. Introducing the Vestax VRX-2000 and Kingston Dubplate Cutters. 90% sound quality on industry vinyl standard Neuman VMS-70 Cutting lathes ( retail at about $28,000), and can also cut vinyl....

VRX-2000 - http://www.vestax.com/products/vrx2000.htm looking at paying £1000 second hand

Kingston Dubplate Cutter - http://www.marwax.com/data/articles/20010420_cuttingmachines_kingston.html
    prolly looking bout paying 3/4 of the vestax model

these we out like 2002 - how come i hadnt heard of these before? anyone got one?

2. MarkN

MarkN

Beatmaker
    *** ill o.g. ***
    Battle Points:
    yea they been out a while now, dope idea cant say ive ever used one tho so no idea if they are any good or not !?

3. Haze47

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
    *** ill o.g. ***
    was doing research last nite into these things...90% sound quality sounds good on paper, but that extra 10% will always seperate the big boys from the small fry, the real deal....The Neaumann VMS-70 going on the ebay type auctions for like nearly 30 large! would be worth it, it would pay for itself in a year i would imagine...

4. DjDelay

DjDelay

*** ill o.g. ***
  5. Haze47

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
    *** ill o.g. ***
    nah delay, im not looking at pressing atm, am looking eventually to buy a proffessional cutting lathe....i become a "student away from home" next "year" so ill rpolly invest in a dubplate cutter, then majorly undercut everyone, and do small load cutting as well, for students/amaters as pros have no time for 90% quality, i figure it would pay for itself within weeks in a city like leeds, you know this delay.....