vocal mics

Helios

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I got my old sm58 but I think I need a real vocal mic.
I know that my preamp aint a pro preamp and that the preamp is the most important thing ( but also compressin...) but I think that a real vocal mic gon make the difference...

Something about $400... perhaps I should be on the look out for some used equipment...

Scholar

willing vic to the music
ill o.g.
hey you could get a AT3035 (audio technica) for $199 and then get you a nice pre like a joe meek or an art tube the joe mee is 199 and the art tube is like 99 they have compression on them and they sound great. i have the 3035 and the joe meek mq3 and man mad me sound like whoa! hope this helps.

ONE!

HaZwaiOh

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
hey. Check out www.thomann.de They got their own house brand. The T-Bone Mics are really cheap and have good sounds. I have the T-Bone SC450 and I really like it. depending on how much you want to spend you can get really great mics.
I also advice the dbx mini pre. it´s a 1 channel tupe preamp with the same features like the big and expensive dbx preamps. It´s 150 EUR.

Helios

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
You from germany... I bought my triton in Koeln, in that music store. Nice store.

the t.bone
SC 1100
Studio Großmembran Mikro

very cheap. Ist genau das was ich suche, mit grossmembrane.

I got an tube mp studio preamp 150 €, I think I won't take another one, there aren't any alternatives ... except... buyin a 1000€ preamp.

Ich muss schon eine geldstrafe vun 2000 euro bezahlen... =(((((
So I'm broke ... I only want a real vocal mic.

Thx man

HaZwaiOh

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
hey that music store in cologne is horrible. i really hate it. if your not gonna spent some 4 digit amount they won´t care for you.
before i bought my mic i did some serious research and figured out that an sc450 or an sc1100 would be the right one. but since the 450 is half the price and there are no big differences i went for the cheaper version. what ever, if you need translating things write me a message. oh and what´s that with your 2k fine? that´s a lot of money ...

Barock

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yo, a lot of producers from Germany dig those mics from Thomann/T-Bone! I have one myself, and I have no problems wit it! Those people at Thomann are really nice compared to those guys from Music-Store Cologne.... but they have nice datalogue with a lot of information...

HaZwaiOh

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
hey barock you speaking very wise words. i hate those musicstore fuckers. you can walk in there and be like "hey, i wanna buy a mixer and i got 400 bucks to spend" and they´ll bring you a mackie mixer which costs 750. Those guys are just horrible. I´ve called there so many times before coming there in order to make sure the desired product is in stock and they are just messed up and badly organized. if i can, i buy my stuff somewhere else and at thomann you can always do bargain shopping. when ever i order something i get at least one pair of cables for free ;-) bazar styles ...

C

Chris Wilkes

Loop up some of rode mics I have a nt1 and a Prosonus Blue tube Mic Pre, shit is hot!

Barock

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
@ H2O
yo, at Thomann they give you free CAbles, thta's cool.
Those Music-Store guys just can'T understand that there are semi-proffesional users and things like that. I once tried to explain that i just don't need a 700€ mixer, telling them that I produce Underground HipHop and that the music itself is dirty and noisy and the came like: " yeah, Puff Dady has soo clear basses and drums..."

Helios

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Compared to our stores in lux. that music store has nice prices... I bought a triton for 2000 euros and in lux I would have spend 2250 euro or more. Thatz all I can say.

I gon make a record with some of my boyz, I have already made a track and people love it. But I think buyin a mic for 400 euro is not that much if you wanna fuck with those who have 1500-2000 euro mics.

HaZwaiOh

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
@ barock:
music store sucks big time. if i possibly can buy my stuff somewhere else I´ll do that. they just don´t understand that people have limited budget and if you tell them they are like "well, that Behringer mixer is gonna sound like shit and I feel sorry for you to still wanna buy it"
@ helios:
To me it doesn´t really make sense to spend a lot of money in order to compete with professionals. but if you have the money go for it. i personally think getting some good guy to mix and master your vocals/tracks will help much more. I have recorded with a rapper who wanted an sm58 on a certain track, because he wanted that sound on it.
I don´t know what Wu-Tang Clan uses, but their sound is (was - haven´t heard any newer stuff) very dirty and rough and they are still a well recognized group getting love all over the world. just think about it ...

Helios

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
mane just check my track out on my site... www.l-townmafia.com
the beat is not that hot, itz some underground shit...
french and lux, I'm the one with da rusty voice on it, rappin in lux.
We recorded it with da sm58 and my half brother did the mastering

Helios

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I love three six mafia cause there's a lot of sound engineering, that got so nice vocals, with some double tracks and back ups with stereo in da background, phase shiftin... they got skillz

Headbussaz - what happened to'm
la chat - luv 2 get high
those vocals and backups are so nice. It's like watchin a good scary movie... such an atmosphere...

members online