Week of April 24, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holly Scott

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
GRAFIK said:
Alright another beat flippage contest! This week I am posting an old Eddie Kendricks sample to see what people can come up with an old soul sample. Remember this is just for fun. Also if you post a flip please review other peoples tracks, thanks!!!!

Title: Illmuzik Sample

www.soundclick.com/grafik

Damn, missed the deadline on the last one due to traveling for work.... no matter, its on.

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
Man didn't D'Angelo flip this joint on something? I remember when I heard it, I KNEW that from some ol' joint. I never realized it was Kendricks.

Damn. I gotta fuck with this one.

Eventually.

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
yeah i'm sure the sample has been used before, just try and flip it totally different if u have heard it before, and i dont know if dangeolo used this sample or not, really dont listen to his music, i am gonna chop it up when i get home, the soul is my area of expertise, lol, cant wait to hear what people come up with!

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
I remember now...... D'Angelo sang an interpolation of Eddie's lyrics on that Talib Kweli joint "Talk To You".

EDIT:

And I'm fucking tripping, cuz I KNOW that was Bilal, and not D'Angelo. I have no idea why I said him.

tricky spinz

Dead Man Walkin
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 12
Dantson said:
I remember now...... D'Angelo sang an interpolation of Eddie's lyrics on that Talib Kweli joint "Talk To You".

EDIT:

And I'm fucking tripping, cuz I KNOW that was Bilal, and not D'Angelo. I have no idea why I said him.

gotta lay off that acid man, it'll fuck you up.

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
tricky spinz said:
gotta lay off that acid man, it'll fuck you up.

Shit, I'm STILL looking for some. You got the hookup? I know how yall white kids are with that stuff... especially yall niggas dressing up in clown suits. You gotta have SOMETHING on you... lsd, dmt, abc, SOMETHIN.

Edit: I am joking. I just reread that, and it sounds like i'm a crackhead, desperate for drugs. joking. joke. ha. ha.

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Dantson said:
EDIT: And I'm fucking tripping, cuz I KNOW that was Bilal, and not D'Angelo. I have no idea why I said him.

Maybe cuz you still have that dangelo video on your mind?

HDBEATS

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Can I... Sick man ive sampled this before though ill post it up in a bit. anxious to see how some of you guys flip it.

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
HDBEATS said:
Can I... Sick man ive sampled this before though ill post it up in a bit. anxious to see how some of you guys flip it.

i knew this might be a problem posting well known samples, i will continue to try and find those rare samples, and prob starting next week, i will start doing themes for some of the flips, to make it more interesting, also eventually i want to start judging peoples flips, of course not anything like beat this!, u wont get a title under your name, just the fact that your flip was better than others for that week, and thanks to fade for hooking up a subsection to the showcase, thanks.............

SoChi

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Damn joe, sample flippage is doin big things! Its own sub forum.

edit- This is the same sample used on track 8 on Talib Kweli's Quality album.
edit-and its already been mentioned :)

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
they had to give us our own room sooner or later...lol... i gotta take my machine with me this time. fukk wit it at my girl's crib. i should have something up by 2morro. im still used to the sample number... i guess we're not gonna keep that? this is Ill Flip #9.

da relic

O

open mind

i dont know about u guys but this seem fuckin hard fo me to find sumtin usefull.iam a hear that talib joint maybe it inspires me but i will not bite that shit just for inspiration.the dude is singin all the time i can work only with the intro or one break that i found but it didnt offer much but what do i know iam a composer haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online