Week of April 3, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
damn, thanks 5th. i was thinking, we should have a winner on each of these sample flippin threads lol. like make it a poll or something

just an idea. peace

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
Grafik, that flip is raww. doesnt make me think of starwars at all, which is a good thing. It sounded real mellow and easy, and i just spit a nice freestyle to it. im feelin it

S

Sorrow

nice deep underground style flip you turned that sample into Grafik, I enjoyed it and was feelin the vibe from it, ima try and work on mine tomorrow so be on the look out for that.

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
Aight here we go.

http://www.soundclick.com/pro/view/01/default.cfm?bandID=340173&content=music

Star Wars:: The Beat

Man there were so many directions I could have gone. I honestly just had to PICK one an go with it. I had fun with it though.

Grafik
yeeah thats what i'm talkin about. The string addition is sick too with that filtered echo delay thing or whatever it is. Sounds good. That switch up at 45 seconds is mean too, well done on that part. Like what i'm hearin, keep it up.

trebeatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
im likin this, graf, yours flowed real nice, real chill, was feelin the change up
5th, urs is real raw, is that some composure over it? doooope, drums is hard.

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
yeah I composed over it. The sample itself isn't doin too too much, but then again, if i muted the sample part the beat is nothing. It's more so the background soundscape as I like to call it. Sets the mood mainly, the other instruments accent it and build off it. Thanks for the listen by the way.

m.s

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
graf.. yeah u got da concept on that flip.. straight fire kid.. i will post my shit later in the week cause im tryin have my fam spit to this if i can get dem from the corner.. 1

5th. i like the chopps,, the keys brings up a notch.. good drums.. i think the sample slides of beat at some points but good work..

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Grafik - I'm feelin this Graf. This is on some real smooth storytellin type shit. Keep it up man.

5th - The drums on this is sic. Nice keyboard on top, that sound fits perfect with your samples.

Hope to have mine up tomorrow. I got a new midi last sat. so this will be my first beat with it. CHEYEAHH!

tricky spinz

Dead Man Walkin
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 12
man, i should have gotten in on this way before. i think i'm gonna try to do my first one this time round.

grafik- yo, that's hot. i feel like you definitely could have shortened it up though. the idea is good and i like what you've got. but it just gets a little repetitive. you've basically got the same loop just goin the entire time with not much else to it. i'd have liked to hear some more shit added after that little break at about the 1 minute mark. still a good flip though.

5th sequence- yeah, feelin this. i'm really diggin the xylophone. nice job on the percussion too. those drums are soundin fuckin nice. i like that you kept the piece as a whole shorter so as to not get repetitive, but still is enough to show off your skills and whatnot. slick one.

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
tricky spinz said:
man, i should have gotten in on this way before. i think i'm gonna try to do my first one this time round.

grafik- yo, that's hot. i feel like you definitely could have shortened it up though. the idea is good and i like what you've got. but it just gets a little repetitive. you've basically got the same loop just goin the entire time with not much else to it. i'd have liked to hear some more shit added after that little break at about the 1 minute mark. still a good flip though.

5th sequence- yeah, feelin this. i'm really diggin the xylophone. nice job on the percussion too. those drums are soundin fuckin nice. i like that you kept the piece as a whole shorter so as to not get repetitive, but still is enough to show off your skills and whatnot. slick one.

yeah i feel ya, i dont put as much time in on these as my other tracks, i would have changed a bunch of things, but this is just for fun, so i just basically do a quick version

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
5th, shit, that track was great man! the drums was awsome, the whole arrangement and everything was good! nice job!

grafik, i liked it. a bit slow tempo, but the drums could be turned up in the mix and perhaps knock a bit harder. but i liked it after listening to it a while, sounds like some ol boot camp ish.

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
Grafik: peeped it.. like the drumpattern although the drums itself seemed a bit soft to me.. and sometimes the chops werent real cleans.. they weren't allways on point .. it's a nice flip .. it's just a bit repetitive.. Normally u make doper shit, man..

5th:There's a tick in the sample chops.. it's when the third set of notes come in.. it's not really cleanly chopped.. Damnz!! those drums are real sick!! real sick.. loving em.. the bass is nice also.. not really feeling the belly synth that comes in.. but maybe that's it.. drums is sick.. where they from? which drumbreak?

I'ma try to come up with something for this but i don't think if i can find the time... will try..

Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online