Week of August 04, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
goddamn 2good thats hot....wish I hadnt have heard it...
now Im gonna be hearin it when I fucks with it..

Ok Ive dl'd it and am checkin out the original...
goddam 2good thats hot! LOL
Nice flip you british mfr you!

Ice this is a great song!
Hell there is sooo much you can do with this one!
What a version too! Trip cuz Ive had this in my head for awhile now..just not this version!
Sahweeet!

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
That acoustic guitar set that shit off 2good. The panning gave it an ill effect. Berry Berry Nice Flip!

Here's mine: Nothing spectacular. U guys know I'm new to this flipin' thang. Anywayz..I reversed a few of the chops and came up with something I'd probably use as an album Intro or Outro. I was in the studio today for 6 damn hours with no break so if the mix is rusty blame it on my tired ass ears. Holla...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=699857

Lil Drama. That flip sounds proper underground, i think it would really suit an mc. I would work on it a little more, you could make a whole track out of this instead of just an intro. Would really suit a bronx mc. I love the sirens. Maybe try and find some police radio chatter, im on the look out for that also, so if you get some send us a link, lol.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Lil Drama. That flip sounds proper underground, i think it would really suit an mc. I would work on it a little more, you could make a whole track out of this instead of just an intro. Would really suit a bronx mc. I love the sirens. Maybe try and find some police radio chatter, im on the look out for that also, so if you get some send us a link, lol.

Police radio chatter would be crazy! I kind of like the feel of it so I probably will stretch it out, add some more elements and make it a complete track. Appreciate the feed 2gizzle.

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 214
Lil Drama Boi, your flip was nice cheif I reall think you are start to get the understanding of sampling nice flip.

2good, your flip was "hella dope" you put your own spin on it by adding piano notes. you did add some piano riffs right? anyway dope flip cuz!

here's mine titled: "flippin weight"

http://www.showcaseyourmusic.com/SKIDFLOW

Lil Drama Boi, your flip was nice cheif I reall think you are start to get the understanding of sampling nice flip.

2good, your flip was "hella dope" you put your own spin on it by adding piano notes. you did add some piano riffs right? anyway dope flip cuz!

here's mine titled: "flippin weight"

http://www.showcaseyourmusic.com/SKIDFLOW

Not piano, acoustic guitar, but when played on a keyboard and not strummed it does sound like a keyboard. There is also a strummed guitar underneath too that i added.

Your flip is okay, i think it would benefit from a more active hi hat, Id also take the kick away from under the snare and add a bassline instead. Ive noticed most of your beats are very minimalistic on the hats, thats just how you do things I suppose. I really like the changeup at around 3:10. But to my ears this track is BEGGING for HI HATS.

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Not piano, acoustic guitar, but when played on a keyboard and not strummed it does sound like a keyboard. There is also a strummed guitar underneath too that i added.

Your flip is okay, i think it would benefit from a more active hi hat, Id also take the kick away from under the snare and add a bassline instead. Ive noticed most of your beats are very minimalistic on the hats, thats just how you do things I suppose. I really like the changeup at around 3:10. But to my ears this track is BEGGING for HI HATS.

I tried hi-hats within the mix but it made it sound cluttered because my chops had this click and pop effect that just clashed with hi-hats so I just left them out. But I feel you on that.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Skid....chops are tight and the way you put them together is Str8. The piano hitz are a cool touch.

I think that if you would put as much time into your drum patterns as you do getting your chops tight you would take your production game to a whole new level. IMO most of your drum patterns are very similar. If that's your signature style then disregard my opinions. I know alot of producers are trying very hard to make sure people know when a beat drops that it's them. I personally think that confines you but who am I? NOBODY...LOL Holla....

I tried hi-hats within the mix but it made it sound cluttered because my chops had this click and pop effect that just clashed with hi-hats so I just left them out. But I feel you on that.

I think that could be down to quantization, slight variations in the hats can make it sound like that. Im just wondering if you use reason, because only recently I found out about the user groove feature. Before that my quantization was very messy, also using the nnxt you can make adjustments to the chop to get it just right, ie take some attack or decay off the sample to stop the clicks, which are normally unless caused by sampling vinyl, caused by an unclean chop. but whatever sampler your using you should be able to make them adjustments, otherwise you have to take twice as long with the original chops, getting them perfect.
i dont know if any of that helps, your prob not a reason user anyway.

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
I am basically a FL user. I use Reason basically for getting drum and synth sounds and sequencing them in FL. Some of my chops might have been unclean. I think I notice sort of a drag in one of the chops but to me it seems to add personality. (I use Cool Edit 2 to chop samples) I take every sound within the sample in consideration. I try to build around those sounds...sometimes I only have to add one sound element to accomadate the sample, other times I have to take away when possible and necessary.

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Thanks fellas. Yeah, I should have put more time in this. I found the sample difficult to flip.

My internet is real buggy today, but i did check out Drama Boi's... DAMN! I wouldn't have posted my shit if I heard yours first, lol. Your beat was too sick!! Lord I got to step up my game. I'll post reviews on 2good and skidflow in a bit. Peace fam.

Status
Not open for further replies.