Week of August 22, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

open mind

lil drama boi: track is hot.maybe some crashes and call it a day.mix was great! great low end mids and highs respect how long do u make music?

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
lil drama boi: track is hot.maybe some crashes and call it a day.mix was great! great low end mids and highs respect how long do u make music?

damn..appreciate that...I really wasn't feeling it. I've been doing this shit a long time homie....a little success here....a little success there...nothing major though...hopefully my new project will be the one. LET US PRAY! B Easy!

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Heres my sampleflip, not so much a hiphop beat more a musical piece.
"Child Of God Sampleflip"
Use link below.

the second note of the bass sounds off or out of tune to me 2good. I think you're using the piano keys from the sample in parts and they sound a little short/cut off. I was going to use them as well but they were too short so I opt'd not to use them. Even after I put some release and delay on them they still wouldn't carry. There's just a little too much going on as far as keys IMO. When it breaks down it sounds better to me.

I don't know who put there's together first me or you but seems like we were both thinking on the same level. My UK brother from another mother. lmbao. Good job!

the second note of the bass sounds off or out of tune to me 2good. I think you're using the piano keys from the sample in parts and they sound a little short/cut off. I was going to use them as well but they were too short so I opt'd not to use them. Even after I put some release and delay on them they still wouldn't carry. There's just a little too much going on as far as keys IMO. When it breaks down it sounds better to me.

I don't know who put there's together first me or you but seems like we were both thinking on the same level. My UK brother from another mother. lmbao. Good job!
I didnt chop keys, I played the piano sounds, there are a couple of piano notes in the sample, which i just basically took a 2 bar loop and composed around it. I agree there is a lot going on, maybe a little too busy on the keys, i did them in a couple takes so there is some overlap of what i played.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
I didnt chop keys, I played the piano sounds, there are a couple of piano notes in the sample, which i just basically took a 2 bar loop and composed around it. I agree there is a lot going on, maybe a little too busy on the keys, i did them in a couple takes so there is some overlap of what i played.

I was referring the keys from the sample....I heard the keys that you physically played and the sound completely diff't. I guess u really couldn't avoid the keys that sound short since they were apart of the 2 bar chops. Nice work still.

Low G

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I'm jumping in this one... my flip will be up either later this evening or tomorrow.

manguino

Pressure Makes Diamonds
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
FLIPPED. RIPPED! Going to listen to everyone's now, didn't want to get any ideas prior to making mine. it's kinda unpolished but i'll work on it more, sequencing is correct for now though

manguino

Pressure Makes Diamonds
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
https://www.illmuzik.com/vip/manguino_flipper.m3u

drama - the first few bars seem a little disconnected from each other, but the drums do a pretty good job at keeping everything connected as a song. i'm not sure what you can do to make it flow a little better, maybe fixing the chops to incorporate longer violin notes, or maybe adding a little reverb to the ones you currently have. right now, it sounds a little bit unnatural and a little bit too choppy, but i'm sure the listener knows what's going on. pretty slick drum programming by the way

2good - sick! i didn't recognize the sample at all, and that's extra props to you. the piano was amazing, violins were on point, i can't even tell whether this is sampled/composed or what parts at least. loved the drums, matched the fast pace of the song, wasn't feeling the little snap/clap thing, but the drum programming was top notch as usual

hoping to hear songs from more people, love hearing the different styles come together in the chops

Low G

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Lil Drama Boi - Woah after the intro I wasn't expectin that at all. It's got a unique sound to it for sure. Good flip man you got creative with it.

2good - Solid flip man some interesting stuff in this one. I like the drums you used. Not so much hip hop but deffinately has the vibe and is easy to listen to and full of different variations. That harpsicordion thingy was sounding a bit off but overall everything was good.

manguino - haha nice. I'm not so huge on flipper there singing away but it's still a cool effect for vocals. Good flip man it's solid all around.

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 152
mine is up on my myspace - www.myspace.com/djkp 2nd one down called hard to believe -
Incase anyone wonderin why it's so moody it gonna be a tribute song once it has lyrics

pz

2good - the drums sound like live drum loop if u programmed them from scratch thats gd skill u got, the keys u were playin didn't rly fit (but rest of it was so on point that didnt so notice em that much)

The keys did fit near the end like 2:14 ish that bit was sik

grt feelin in the whole trak and rl decent pz

low gravity - not too sure on the hook, the rest kewl it jus lil bit uninteresting

manguino - cant chek at the mo on dodgy connection that not good w streaming big files - will come back to it later

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
https://www.illmuzik.com/vip/manguino_flipper.m3u

drama - the first few bars seem a little disconnected from each other, but the drums do a pretty good job at keeping everything connected as a song. i'm not sure what you can do to make it flow a little better, maybe fixing the chops to incorporate longer violin notes, or maybe adding a little reverb to the ones you currently have. right now, it sounds a little bit unnatural and a little bit too choppy, but i'm sure the listener knows what's going on. pretty slick drum programming by the way

2good - sick! i didn't recognize the sample at all, and that's extra props to you. the piano was amazing, violins were on point, i can't even tell whether this is sampled/composed or what parts at least. loved the drums, matched the fast pace of the song, wasn't feeling the little snap/clap thing, but the drum programming was top notch as usual

hoping to hear songs from more people, love hearing the different styles come together in the chops

DEADLY! The only thing I didn't like was the pitched vocals. Keep this one for your arsenal of beats. You can sell this one.

Lil Drama Boi - Woah after the intro I wasn't expectin that at all. It's got a unique sound to it for sure. Good flip man you got creative with it.

2good - Solid flip man some interesting stuff in this one. I like the drums you used. Not so much hip hop but deffinately has the vibe and is easy to listen to and full of different variations. That harpsicordion thingy was sounding a bit off but overall everything was good.

manguino - haha nice. I'm not so huge on flipper there singing away but it's still a cool effect for vocals. Good flip man it's solid all around.

Low....I think the drum pattern that you used let you down. IMO a more driving beat would have carried this one to the finish line. Props though..

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online