Week of August 27, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

open mind

damn i tried mo then 2 hours on this one didnt get somethin that i was happy with and when i found a loop from my chops i didnt know how to make the drums fit in that really frustraded me and i gave up and deleted the whole ****.iam really kurious what ya all made of it.it was a nice sample its a shame that i was not able to make sumtin from it.

btw when u post your flip iam interested to know how much time u spent on it.

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
dont feel bad man, that happens sometimes. better to scrap it than to release something thats not up to your own standard. I think im goin thru the same thing though, i spent some time on it got some ass beat goin on lol. i think it has some potential, but i expected at least somethin decent from the sample.

we'll see though, still got a few days of work left to experiment.

Schizo-Manic

b33lz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
One Nation Enterprise

First post....

Illmuzik family much respect. Music is blessing it really does alleviate depression. Started making beats a couple months ago. I tried to flip this sample nothing major( just a quick skeleton) titled "Jazzy Melody"

www.soundclick.com/imperialproduction

This site is very informative.....

O

open mind

InsaneMF06 said:
First post....

Illmuzik family much respect. Music is blessing it really does alleviate depression. Started making beats a couple months ago. I tried to flip this sample nothing major( just a quick skeleton) titled "Jazzy Melody"

www.soundclick.com/imperialproduction

This site is very informative.....
WOW now thats what i call an ILLflip.great work dude the switchups really ***** me up.chops, drums man iam feelin the whole setup.maybe a bassline and its perfect.

btw how much time u spend on it?

Schizo-Manic

b33lz
ill o.g.
One Nation Enterprise

Much appreciated, took about 1hour the bassline will be updated within the next 24 hours. I just layed down the basic foundation.

tricky spinz

Dead Man Walkin
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 12
when i said i was comin back to the sample flip and bringin some heat i wasn't lieing. here she is. enjoy.

as always all sounds are entirely from the sample minus the drums.

Sample Twist

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=145744&songID=4379384

and reviews...

Insane - i really like that you used so many parts of the sample. i don't think people use enough of the sample these days and i like that you've taken parts from the whole thing. however, i feel like you need to start layering them instead of just using 1 of the samples at a time. you've chopped em up and layed out a melody for each sample, but it just goes from one to the next. you don't have anything layered at all so it just sounds very empty and simple. start putting samples on top of one another. each piece isn't bad, but it's just lacking in sound sometimes since all you ever have is the drum beat and a single sample playing. not bad though, especially for your first one.

boneidle- nice bassline you put with it. and the sample choice and layering is real nice. i'm likin it. the bassline is maybe a little overpowering sometimes but it's not necesarilly too loud, so you should raise the level on your chops. bring them to the front more and let the bassline flow under them instead of over. also, i think a different snare would be better. other than that, maybe add in a few more chops to liven it up in places. layer a second melody somewhere maybe. good one though.

Schizo-Manic

b33lz
ill o.g.
Boneidle- Laid back track the bassline nice job. The beat has a very smooth mellow type of feel with it.

T.spinz- The melody nice job on how you flipped that. The change ups and bassline give the beat a nice feel. Good look with the feedback with the layering.

I tried another flipped with the same ill sample title "Jazzy Melody II'

tricky spinz

Dead Man Walkin
ill o.g.
Insane- i think this is much better. it flows better and seems more thought out. it's still just a little simple. try to see if you can add another track over the top of that somewhere. definitely an improvement though.

tricky spinz

Dead Man Walkin
ill o.g.
Ruimixx - i like the cuts you've done. the drums fit in well on this track. i'd like more variation. toss in another melody or some other cut at like, 22 seconds in. just mix it up a little. but other than that, i like it

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Thanks Tricky, glad to hear you back bro. I'll have reviews up tomorrow. (from the job, no doubt, ha!)

DrOscillator

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Wow, only a few songs posted so far. This was a tricky song to flip for some reason, but I spent a while trying different things and really like my results:

On Tha Fader
lo-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=4406961&q=lo
hi-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=4406961&q=hi

Heres my reviews :
Ruimixx- The bass/kick line is very heavy and nice, really drives the song. I think its a good beat but could do with a little fleshing out, adding more elements

Tricky- Nice use of the sample but the drum beat was kind of bouncy and plodding, not nec bad but not the style i like. good use of the strings tho

BoneIdle- I like the bits with the harp coming in. The beat has a sense of building tension which is nice, but the beat could be more coherant and less choppy imo. nice tho

Insane- Very dark beat, awesome. I like how you slowed it all down and made it menacing, took it in a different direction which i appreciate.

BTW- how do you get a signature added onto your posts? i haven't been able to figure that out yet....

tricky spinz

Dead Man Walkin
ill o.g.
Oscillator - nice flip man. i'm really feelin the sections with the brass sample and orchestra hits the drums on that part are good. the other part is sweet too. only thing is i don't really feel like the 2 sections fit that well together. i like each on it's own but i feel like the one melody and the other just have totally separate feels and vibes. the part with the brass and orchestra hits is some real rough and hard shit. and then the rest of it is kinda smoother and a little more mellow. honestly, you could just split it up and make 2 totally separate songs around each of those parts. other than that i feel the 2 sections don't fit together, it's a hot song. i like what i hear.

skid - i'm not a huge fan of the snare choice. a little too bassy for me. the bassline fits in well and the cuts are fine too. i think the drum sequencing over all could use a little work. sounds just a little too plain and straight. i guess it's a little too rigid for me. oh, and shorten it up man. don't need a 6 minute piece of the same loops over and over. if you're gonna keep mixin it up with different shit then go for it. but otherwise shorten it up a bit.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Oscillator- 2 words .. Stupid Fresh!! Instant classic!!- K that was 4.

Skid- whoah old school yamaha soundin snare is throwin me off.You have done alot better to be real with you, but I mean Im not even puttin one up.the sample sounds all off in some parts.I hear ya tho!!

Status
Not open for further replies.