Week of July 10, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heres my flip

I heard Spanish Harlems flip and had to have a go. I remixed this ages ago, when I was a bit crap. I found it a damn sight easier this time. I just arranged a loop then composed over it in my usual style. Let me know wassup. Thanks.

www.dj2good.co.uk/sampleflip.php

Spanish Harlem - Im really liking your flip, nice chops and arrangement. Well done.

Artistix - This is also a good flip. I like the way you filtered the sample at the beginning. Im not so sure about some of the vocal cuts you have added. The "what do I do" vocal fits nice tho, the "over" sample and whatever the other sample says sound slightly too loud in the mix.
Apart from that minor thing this is a hot flip. Good work man.

MENACE

ill o.g.
Yo Ive never done nuthin like this or beatwise too much period, I jus got 2 programs to practice on b4 I move back to NYC to go to IAR and saw this and figured Id jus mess wit it, so any critism is cool Im grown I can take it lol...

JULY10

boneidle said:
2good - yeah man this is cool, i like the added horns and string sounds.. a lot of shit goin on maybe too much at some bits innit

I had to agree with ya on that, I went over it again took away a bit of the brass and messed a tiny amount with the sample. Thanks for the feedback.

Artistix

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 11
More reviews

2good- I like this the instrumentation over top of the sample really makes this beat your own It's hot forreal I had to bumpin it the whole way through because it had good changeups good ish.

Menace- For some one who has just started I'd say this is aight. I mean you got a lot that you can learn and do to improve the track but your grasping some conceptes. I like how ya did the snares that was hot. You have someways to go but your on the right track. also I don't know if that was the whole track but you need to learn sequencing like verse hook verse blah blah ya mean? Also one more thing what program are you using?

boneidle- This is ill you really flipped this sample It sounds like it could be a D12 track the tempo and just the sound. this is fire. Them drums is on point and the little scratch part for the changeup is ingenius

MENACE

ill o.g.
I bought MAGiX MUSiC MAKER 10 deluxe and SONY ACiD MUSiC STUDiO from TARGET but MAGiX was dumb wit editin, so i jus use tha loops from tha CDs that came wit it, and edit usin SONY cuz its easy to cut tha loops and make it more original

yea i figured i shoulda added in verse hook and that but i jus wanted to c wut u told me if i had tha even rite idea lol, id hate to do all that and b way off

thanks again

Artistix said:
2good- I like this the instrumentation over top of the sample really makes this beat your own It's hot forreal I had to bumpin it the whole way through because it had good changeups good ish.
Thanks man. I really like the sample. And Ive never played piano like that before so its a bit of a landmark beat for me too. Thanks for the feedback.

Subconscious

ill o.g.
Decided I needed to get back into these flips. Hopefully I can get to them each week from now on. Here's what I put together for this one:
http://www.soundclick.com/badseedcreations

reviews:
spanishharlem: Very nice. Love the bassline. I like how u have the drum rolls goin. Really feelin it when it changes up at 40 secs. It has a much more epic vibe to it then. Great job.

Artistix: This is sick man. I love how it drops in so hard and just makes my head start noddin right away. Theres not much to say but that this is a dope beat.

2good: What really makes this flip for me is the extra sounds u added. The piano really adds a great vibe to the sample. The synth that comes in sounds good but would probably sound better playing with the piano but just to complement it. Good job still.

boneidle: Very interesting take on this. A little to fast for me, but like Artistix said its something i could see D12 using no doubt.

Menace: U seem to have the concept of what u want from the sample. Add some heavier drums to it and it could really take off.

Subconscious

ill o.g.
yeah i realized that when i listened to it. i did mine then listened to everyone elses beats after i was done. we all used pretty much the same parts of the original i noticed. i personally think his was better than mine though. he used the melody in the original more and gave a more soulful sound but with an aggressive hip hop feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online