Week of June 26, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
allright, i havent done one in a while, ill get on this one. its a cool sample, not my usual style, but illsee what i can do.

cmon people show up so we can keep this weekly!

Im in on this one. The sample is too good to pass by.

Ive been very busy redesigning my website, still got a bit to do but Ill take a break for this beat. Its a proper ill sample. Ive learned a lot from the way everyone deals with sample based music, and its improved my music I think. You cant stop this thing, sometimes its just a bit hard to find the time to do them. Some of the producers dopest tracks have come from sampleflips. Keep it going weekly I say.
Heres a little quickie.
www.dj2good.co.uk/sampleflip.php

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
i check out the sample flips everyweek. If the sample inspires me then i go with it, but sometimes I just dont feel it like last weeks. THIS sample however is beautiful! the song is tight to just listen to, i'm def on this one.

We should try somethin new out, like voting or something. Or have catagories of voting like "Best overall", "Most creative", etc. I dunno, just throwin ideas out, what you guys think?

May be hard to orchestrate somethin like that, we'd need a poll or something added to the forums.

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
5th Sequence said:
We should try somethin new out, like voting or something. Or have catagories of voting like "Best overall", "Most creative", etc. I dunno, just throwin ideas out, what you guys think?

May be hard to orchestrate somethin like that, we'd need a poll or something added to the forums.

im down for that. that would make things a little more interesting, and maybe attract more people to the flips. i think thats a good idea.

trinidad

The Last B-Boy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Trinidad the flip you had was real hot man you picked the right part to flip and your percussion all on point, the hardest part is syncing the quarternotes of the sample to anything more uptempo especially if you got a lot of hats but you pulled it off...dope job on it

Colossus that flip was ill, you made it real jazzy.

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Big D - I liked the first flip. I think it's a hella nice canvas with a lot of room for an MC to get down on.

Trinidad - Yeah, that's some hot shit. Really feelin that flip. Good job man.

ColossusBeatfix - Damn, ill flip... yeah that's real nice.

Great sample Grafik, this makes up for the beethoven and the jazz joints. LOL!

Some quick reviews

Big D - I like both tracks the cuts are ill. Well put together. Did you cut it into single hit samples and then rearrange it? I took a long sample and found some of the sounds are a little off key. Well done man.
Trinidad - This is good. I like the use of vocal samples. This would make a really good rnb beat. Would fit in well just as it is on a mixtape. Hot.
Colossus - Thats a sick flip. You obviously know what your doing.
Good work everyone thats some hot shit here. How can this be made monthly? That would be just wrong.

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
I will have my flip up later today. Nice flips everybody. I will give detailed reviews when I post my flip.

KEV31

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
2good-this really got that rnb feel to it. real good drums it fits the percussion real well

Big D-i like the 2nd flip better. the vocals and the sax are ill. the drums just threw me off with the snares

Trinidad-real nice vocal chops and crazy drums. got my head noddin!

Droscillator-the drums really through me off on this one. there all over the place. i couldnt really get the melody either, it kept changin. just take out those claps

Colussus-Damn! you used the same loop as me. you chopped yours better than me. i filtered the bass though and used more vocals. crazy flip though

Slum Struck
lo-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=4118842&q=lo
hi-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=4118842&q=hi

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
^ its funny, i hade those vocals chopped into like five pieces, and after messing around for a while they ended up back in their original positions. hate when that happens.

your beat is nice though, real short, but you got a few changes that im fealin. the beginning loop is real nice.

ill throw up some more reviews later.

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
^ damn, nice flip bro. chops are nice. you defintely chopped the shit out of that, hella creative. wouldve liked a little more thump in the drums, a little more low bang in the snares, but i geuss they fit well in the mix the way they are. good work.

Edit: i just want you to know, i JUST realized your name was dj 360 infinite. i always though it was like 'disco infinite' for some reason. my bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online