Week of May 13, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
2Good- I like the way this one goes together the most so far...

InsaneMF-Seemed a lil choppy, but its not an easy sample to flip.MAybe a bassline would seal the deal.

SkidFlow- I like the great gothic sort of feel it has, but the synth throws me off a little, maybe even just turn it down.Cool beat, be really great with more development.

https://www.illmuzik.com/vip/icemanbeats_ghoulsong.m3u

heres mine, nothin big - bit of a migrain givin sampl to b honest ;p

2good - great beat man, not much u cuda done btter w that pz
skidflow - didnt get into this
insanemf - sounds arite mn but still cudnt get a feelin on this on either pz

The 3:4 Time Signature really makes things awkward with this sample, its good tho, it keeps a person on their toes.

Iceman. I quite like this flip, has a nice horror feel to it.

InsaneMF. This is ok, I would change the snare tho, it sounds very dry. Repetetive but not, if you know what I mean. It flows along nicely, the changeups break the repetetiveness nicely.

SkidFlow. Not really feeling this one, I find the hit as the sample is repeated quite annoying. Just my opinion. Like relic said, if you take that synth down it could work better.

mercurywaters

hip hop in the flesh
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
skid flow - i'm not really feeling this. it doesn't sound connected to me.

2good - i liked everything but the drums. they seemed little compared to the rest of the track

insane - the drums and synth are tight but the sample is offbeat in some spots.

iceman - i like this. i would use a different bass kick. nothing wrong with it really, just personal preference. solid piece of work.

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 214

I agree, I kinda challenged myself to see how fast I could make this beat...guess speed dont work to well all the time. oh well...cant make bangers out the gate everytime...but yeah this beat is garbage. I'll try to make shit worth yall time from here on out.

EZ!
SKID

I agree, I kinda challenged myself to see how fast I could make this beat...guess speed dont work to well all the time. oh well...cant make bangers out the gate everytime...but yeah this beat is garbage. I'll try to make shit worth yall time from here on out.

EZ!
SKID

EZ, taking constructive critisism like a man, respect on that. With all the bitching and moaning lately its good to see a grown up attitude.

Mercury Waters. I like your flip, I like all the changeups. Good work on this, Im not 100% sure about the synths but fuck it, well done.

Mischevious

ill o.g.
i like all of these except i felt the drums could of been stronger on a few of them.The way you flipped the sample ice is banannas and merc you sound like you been doing this a minute respect to everyone for this.

O

open mind

ruimixx- wow i loved your drums they sound great they remembered me swizz beatz earlier works with dmx they sound hot with the velocitys made with the trigger finga? the chops were ill too some parts were a bit sloopy tho.

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
thanks for the listen Open. Man, this trigger finger is fucking dope, but I got to admit. Once I get the certain sample assigned to a pad. I don't really know how I did it. (I'm just now kinda understanding assigning pads.) I didn't install that enigma software it came with (maybe I should)

yeah that multiple sample/velocity feature is so cool. Can't wait till I learn this mofo. I get a little impatient, lol.

Iszazial

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
first beat here

I tried to hit this beat but was having trouble comming up with the course so i just said forget it. either way with a little lack in my regular creativity i put together a loop knowing i wanted to do something for once on this website since it is the illist. also im always open to sugestions as i like the input on the other beats. matter of fact i enjoyed all the beats on here and they gave me inspiration to put something down.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=345399&songID=5355744

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online