Week of May 8, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Alright another sample flippage everyone! This week I am posting a classical sample from beethoven. Really nice sample. For those that post a flip please remember to review others tracks, and have fun! THANKS

Sample Title: Beethoven Sample

www.soundclick.com/grafik

sorry for everyone that i didnt review their tracks last week, i was extremely busy with finals and graduation, i will make up for it this week, and hopefully i can do a flip myself this week also, thanks everyone

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
bigdmakintrax said:
Hey man where you been Grafik, I wanted to hear your last one man..

yeah i started working on one, but i had finals last week and i had to get everything squared away for graduation next week, so i just didnt have the time, but this week i will do one for sure, and hopefully with the length of this sample, we'll get some more people to do some flips this week

tricky spinz

Dead Man Walkin
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 12
yo guys, i was out of town for the end of last weeks sample flip and didn't get a chance to post any follow-up. i just wanted to say thanks to all you guys for the reviews. i'm glad people seem to be feeling my flips. thanks for the kind words fam. i'll drop this week's flip asap.

Artistix

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 11

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
artistix: yeah this is a dope, i like the part u chose to flip on this, and the chops get a little sloppy here and there, but the drums over the chops kind of eliminate that, and i def love the drums they are def raw, break is serious, and the change ups are really nice as well, this is a very nice flip man, keep it up

knox raw: yeah i am liking this knox, could have spent a little more time on it, but i know its just a rough version of the track, and i like the drums you've got going on here, and i love your basslines, i am terrible at bass, but i think your bass makes most of your tracks, good flip man, had my head noddin, keep grinding homie

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
alright this is my flip, spent a little more time on this one, dont know if i like the bass in it, but here it is, tell me what u think...................sorry if i mixed it in my headphones, so the mixing prob isnt the greatest!

Title: Illmuzik Beethoven Flip

www.soundclick.com/grafik

cant wait to here some other flips...........................

Artistix

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Reviews

Grafik: This beat is serious it has that real authentic boom bap feel and I love it. It had me freestyling the whole way through. My head still noddding to that beat. The sample is crazy and the way you flipped it made it seem real grimey. Onlly suggestion and this is only because I love kick drums so much is that you could mix te kick with the bass a lil better so it could stand out more. Thats the only thing kepping this beat from being perfect.

KnoxRaw:Oh yea this is a true east coast 1990's track. I can see the whole Wu on this. The bass is real synical and compliments the beat greatly. This is a nice track. I just think it needs to be mixed a little better but other then that this track is pure crack.

Artistix

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Thanks

GRAFIK said:
artistix: yeah this is a dope, i like the part u chose to flip on this, and the chops get a little sloppy here and there, but the drums over the chops kind of eliminate that, and i def love the drums they are def raw, break is serious, and the change ups are really nice as well, this is a very nice flip man, keep it up

thanks Grafik for the review I appreciate it. It took a while for me too program them drums. I didn't even mix the track yet. I have some orchetra elements in there I want to really be heard but thanks for the review.

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
That song is ill, excuse the pun. Beethoven is da shit. I will actually submit one this time. LOL! Hectic life sometimes but I am down for this one. Peace!

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
kev31: okay i am feelin this, i like the strings u cut up for this and the chops are really nice too, i dont like how there is silent parts in the track, but the drums are def knocking and the chops are tight and everything moves smoothly, got my head noddin, so yes i am def feelin this flip man, keep up the good work

come on people we need some more flips, trying to hear what people have got for this weeks sample, everyones flips have sounded good so far, keep it up everyone

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Artistix - This is a good flip, but the drums are what does it for me on this. The drum roll at 1:19 is nice! Keep it up.

KnoxRaw - Oh yeah! Great choices on your slices man! Good job on the bass. Yeah, I'm feeling this one. Good job Knox.

GRAFIK - I wasn't expecting such a "full" sound after the intro. Nice bass! It's sounding real good in the earphones. Ha! Diggin the violin and the changes are ill. Okay, you made up for missing last week. Yeah, we are greedy. Your over there trying to graduate, but we want flips mayne! LOL!

Kev31 - Yo Kev, this is dope! I like the drum sounds you chose. Yeah, the pauses takes away from it a little, but over all this is nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online