Week of October 08, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Well I like the title of the group...The title of the song and group combined is the definition of irony..or paradox.. lol

I have listened to it now, and the challange here I think will be for everyone to resist the urge to do that Kanye Micky Mouse thing! lol

Well I may go off and chop this thing up now..

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
2Good
version 1 is much much better IMO. It's just more in the pocket. It has just right feel for an Emcee to kill it. The second has too much going on in the keyz department, though it's the same loop, 2 sounds more repetitive. The first version is off the chain though. Real nice! Add that one to your catalog.

p.s. your site looks better. The track list is no longer jumbled. Good job!

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
https://www.illmuzik.com/producers/directory/R/relic/sad.m3u
just forced like 4 diff concepts...
SAD..

OOOOOHHH KAAAY
Im now in and can listen to yalls..
I hate I been missin out on these exersises..!
Really cats be sleepin on this thread, I was just dL'n shit and gettin back to it..Now I feel like I got my cards on the table, even if my beat sux!

Iight..On Mine
This is a 2 track out the 2500 into PT6.4 using this "smile EQ" into the generic compressor set to "thump compress".. Then I think I went Rverb ambience thing..Bounced (stirred at 350degrees) set for bout 12 hours on low.run into harbal and initQ'd and adjusted..
now leave for bout long enough to smoke one..
Save
Open PT and set plugin 1 to 10band eq -select 10 band mastering then top choice set to low pass.
Find LnMb
set to multiadaptive electro mastering. Let it play through.
You will notice numbers at the bottom of the plugin, , set the numbers at the top via slider to match the numbers at the bottom.
now on the righthandside you will see manual, click it to auto and close it
Find if you have have it S1 imager.
plug it in..leave..
Go back find L2 and set to 0.01 threshold leave
AND Bounce at 16 bits...
THEN went audacity to mp3 under the effect of DecaFFRR LP
Thats the recipie I know I need to seperate trax..bout to listen to yalls ..thanks for feedback.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
^Sorry drinkin

2Good version 1 is off the hook! wow!! LOL I didnt even think of it that way!

Iceman- Whoa..nice..snare came off a lil loud tho , lay it back and whoa...

LDB-Nice darkish cool ass truncate on the pino..., and yo...this is nice , I could flow on that!

addtionally is there a way to make it"wider" and louder? not just s1 imager?
guess I need to just seperate the trax...!

Low G

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
^Sorry drinkin

Trying to rally votes for tha Ill Awards I see lol.

Allright, I'm gonna jump in this one now that I'm back home. I apologize to those I missed reviewing in the last one.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
addtionally is there a way to make it"wider" and louder? not just s1 imager?
guess I need to just seperate the trax...!

If you had reason 3.0 or later, I could give you a stereo send patch that you could adjust with a rotary knob to add as music stereo as you'd like to make it wider on any and all channels. That and your imager would definitely do the trick!

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.

Ok...some of it I love....some of it I don't. The mellow parts are butter, real ill! One of the Wu style change ups ( I think the first one) flows with the mellow parts perfectly. The lead in percussions to the change up..."tight". The other ghostly wu style change up I didn't like so much. The intro...didn't care for that much either....I think it was the loudness of the percussions. The change up that comes @1:35 is ok...just don't like the hat you used there. The intro style lead to that...uh uh...didn't like it. The butter parts are so laid back til that part annoyed me. Broke my flow listening wise with that!

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 152
2good - version1: some of the extra sounds u added sound a bit too digitial for me, great composition
version2: a lot going on, ain't bad - prefer the first

LDB - them tappin stab noises didnt seem to be in tune, the beat didnt jump out at me man, felt kinda dead but then it would work with the right emcee am sure

relic - this is quite crazy, some of it is great (the hook), a lot goin on i was into it overall, some of it sounded a bit circus

pz

Hey Relic, Reason has a stereo imager on it too, I find it does better than the one in the diamond bundle.
But unless you did the original track in reason it would be hard to adapt. Unless you exported the 2 track wav's to 2 nnxts(one panned left one panned right) and then played the whole thing through that and using the mastering suite of reason for some additional touches. A bit long winded but it would work i think. The stereo imager in reason separates low freq from the high ones and then you can make the low end more mono and the high end wider stereo. <<<< my 5 cents, being as Im in the helpful category too. Go on you know im a good chap really, lol

Feedback.

Iceman. For some reason Im hearing Redman on this track. Sort of like a Supaman Lover track. I dont think the shotgun/big tom type sound with a lot of reverb fits the feel of the track tho, it takes away from the all out smoothness of the track. Would be a great backing to a funny story about an ex girlfriend or something. Good track.

LDB. Sounds like the classic premo style of chopping up a track. Nicely done. The equing is nice too. Just needs a premo style hook and its a ghost write, lol
Oh I see you got a couple kick scratches in there.

Relic. I like the drums on this, and damn the bass is nice once it comes in. Has some Pete Rock elements in there. This is a mad beat, its always changing up, good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online