Well manufactured vinyl records : a rarity nowadays.

DJ Excellence

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 229
Have you guys noticed that the quality of vinyls seems to be lower and lower as the time goes by ? Sure it gradually became a "DJ product" as other more practical and resistant formats such as tapes and CD's were introduced on the market. I bought this cheap re-edition of ILLMATIC about a year ago (15 EUR)... and guess what ? I "played" so much with it that it's not even usable now... I inherited quite a few vinyls from my late grand father (lots of 60's jazz ....). The records are so thick (and better pressed) in comparison to what is sold nowadays (except for a few expensive re-editions) ... they are much easier to manipulate and way more resistant to inevitable hairline fractures, dust, etc ...

... The thing is with the development of scratchable CD players, this sad trend is bound to continue ...

:bawling:

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
HELL YA... totally agree with you... my brother bought some re-issues the other week and they were completley fucked up, they had scratches on them and shit, and some were warped. They sure don't make em like they used to... :no:

DjDelay

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yeah philsiarri i know what your sayin. I've bought so many warped and messed up records before, it's so annoying

E

Equality 7-2521

i got no idea what your talking about.

warped records are from bad storage.

some albums are thick and some are thin. depends in the lable or whatever. i prefer thin cos its esiert to cut it up.

wax is good to me.....no matter how old or new it is.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Here we go....I mean look that's just a product of supply and demand, when vinyl was the only media it had to be good quality, now the only people that care to use vinyl are DJ's and maybe the very rare radio station.....of course the manufacturers cut cost......why use as much material to make 1 record that say is just a single not a full album,when you can make 2 by using as little material as possible......sort of like the bag of potatoe chips you get that used to be almost full now its half a bag of chips and half a bag of air.....but seriously I feel you but I got old records that are warped (not many) but I can still snatch a sample off of it.....LOL

E

Equality 7-2521

for anyone with warped wax, you can put it between two sheets of glass and put it out in the sun for a little while. but be careful! only 5 - 10 mins or so. check on it every now and then.

members online