WestCoast Banger on a Motif!! Mdl

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
Shit is aight.. but i aint got shit on that Sanova Video *see sig*

nah.. fuckin around. Got a nice lil set up.. How old you is 16? how u gettin all that?

Nice track, feelin how you navigatin thru the motif like that, pretty ill. Seem to know what you doin, and i think ya friend on the camera is makin funny faces at you or somethin haha caught u laughin once or twice.

anyway beat is koo.. feelin it. keep it up.. holla back.

_Nova

O

open mind

has some nice sounds no doubt.u was really fast going thru all the menu n shit.
good vid.beat was also ok.

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
thats a cool beat man. you definately got the handle on the motif, didnt even touch the pc throughout the whole process, very nice.

I was going to get an e6 too but some idiot outbid me on ebay. but yeah, thats a good simple setup you got, no clutter at all.

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.
Yo that was nice on it homey,A little tip though for melodies you play the same for every bar..Just set it to a 1 bar loop...It saves crazy time..especially for cats who cant play the same thing consistantly like myself :D

MdL

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Yeah i'm 16. Luckily my parents are supportive of my music so they helped me buy the motif
for my birthday. We went like half and half on it. My first vid was a Reason one, and I just copped the platinumrefills.com ish which is pretty tight. So I'll probly be comin with more reason vids. Maybe even a cubase one incorporating Reason and the Motif. I love my motif, and the sequencer is pretty tight, but I get ish done faster in Reason. The thing that can kill the workflow on the motif is the lack of auditioning samples quickly and the lack of a piano roll. The platinum refills are overall very good except for the keyboard sounds. The velocity switching is a little too transparent and doesn't really do the paino sounds justice. However, I know how much work it takes to sample all the notes and I admit that I'm nitpicking a bit.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
^ no doubt. props on the supportive parents.

I just recreated the beat with my Motif refill. pretty accurate. I created my own because my partner over at platinum refills dissapeared and i'm not seeing any of the money coming into my pocket.

anyway good shit, Holla at me on the sly, like on aim or w/e, love to see fellow reason heads.

adomav17

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
lol i remember you from that reason video...

beat wasn't jawdropping hot, but it was pretty good... melodic elements of the beat were good enough i guess... percussion was decent... the whole video i was waitin for some kind of gansta whine or lead to drop in to set it off...and i like that you added it in the end....

props on the video... holla when you get a new one up

snoopaliciouS

ill o.g.
Great video man. Nice keyboard. Nice beat. Really nice. Please keep em coming man. I appreciate it and the rest here will be pleased too. Keep up the good work.

And what piano sound was that, type of piano? The first one.

B

BeatSense

Dang man, nice vid. Shit, i wish i could afford a Motif lol. But nonoftheless nice work.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Great video man. Nice keyboard. Nice beat. Really nice. Please keep em coming man. I appreciate it and the rest here will be pleased too. Keep up the good work.

And what piano sound was that, type of piano? The first one.

"Tacky" from preset one.

MdL

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Hey Sanova, since you helped start the platinum refills thing, I was wondering why there are no drums refills.

B

BeatSense

Hey Sanova, since you helped start the platinum refills thing, I was wondering why there are no drums refills.

that's a good question lol, i was wondering the same thing.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.

I have them. I had to break away from platinum refills kinda, cuz i have YET to see one dollar, and create my own refills. I will toss up the Drums refills free on my site and let you guys know.

B

BeatSense

I have them. I had to break away from platinum refills kinda, cuz i have YET to see one dollar, and create my own refills. I will toss up the Drums refills free on my site and let you guys know.

niiice thank! whens this guno happen?

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Pretty soon, I'm in the process of designing and installing some new software for the site (not platinum refills) and after that i will up it. I will PM you guys wit the links.

B

BeatSense

Pretty soon, I'm in the process of designing and installing some new software for the site (not platinum refills) and after that i will up it. I will PM you guys wit the links.

dont forget me..

BEATSENSE, lol.. thanks again!!

MdL

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Yeah, sorry man about the plantinum refills thing. It sucks when business doesn't go right. But good lookin out with the drum refills.

L

Lil Greggs

Nice

Man that was tight keep it up man i have learn a lot from your vids.

members online