What is the name of a good intro-ish soul song to sample?

ill o.g.
Please if yall could just supply me with the Artist name and the Title of the song, I can dig for it myself. Every time I go digging I find a bunch of bullshit and I never come out the store totally satsfied. And I also got this song I'm looking for that has been used for the NFL. If any of yall music video heads rememeber the Green Day video "Nice Guys Finish Last" video, the intro to the video starts off with the sample I'm looking for playing. I would highly appreciate the help. Thanx in advance.

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
a part of digging is finding things by yourself, people are taking things to easy by asking this kind of questions, should someone come over and make the beat for you?
if you cant do some own research it will be hard to find good and original things in the future..

C

Carpe Diem

RigorMortis said:
a part of digging is finding things by yourself, people are taking things to easy by asking this kind of questions, should someone come over and make the beat for you?
if you cant do some own research it will be hard to find good and original things in the future..

Word... Find something for yaself nicca.... If somebody gives you the name of something then its prob been used before.... Take a trip to the vinyl store or library and grab a rare record... Its best to try find something the aint been used, especially if your gonna run the sample all the way through for an intro...

Peace

incogneeto

J.B. LEGACY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
AceProductions said:
Please if yall could just supply me with the Artist name and the Title of the song, I can dig for it myself. Every time I go digging I find a bunch of bullshit and I never come out the store totally satsfied. And I also got this song I'm looking for that has been used for the NFL. If any of yall music video heads rememeber the Green Day video "Nice Guys Finish Last" video, the intro to the video starts off with the sample I'm looking for playing. I would highly appreciate the help. Thanx in advance.

^^^^^^^^^"GET CHA OWN SHIT..WHY U BITTIN' MINES"^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
LoL...ace ....What I tell you before

DIG DIG DIG DIG DIG DIG!!!!!!!!!

Ace you have to realize sometimes.....

This whole producing shit is a competition.....You're going against EVERY ONE IN HERE!!! You are trying to make hotter shit than the next person....If someone had that sample....and they flip it....and they know you could flip it better....why give it to you???

I'm out there trying NOT to give people the advantage....I'll help peeps in some technical aspects...
But I won't just give out my samples/ideas....and if I do...I'm very selective in what I explain....

But like I said...

DIG DIG DIG!!!!!

Thats the beauty of sampling...when you dig..you never know what you'll come up with....

And the best part of digging..is when you find some shit that HASN'T been sampled before....and you have people goin "wow"

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
AceProductions said:

Yea , hell i'll even lay down some bass and drums for you too ! lol

nah serious no1 is gonna give you info like that, if i find a hot sample im not going to give it to anyone else, like sum1 above said this is a competition !

Honesty

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
lol... Peeps always ask me what I'm using to sample...lol...that ish is funny to me. Why would I give away what I'm sampling and it took me a few years to dig up a few good artists to sample... am I the only one who hates newbies?... more importantly...was I like that when I started?...lol...

ill o.g.
Aite. I went sample diggin and found some shit. And I've been diggin. I just asked did anybody have an artist whom has incredible music to give me there name and I could dig by myself. Yall act like I was like send me this and that. And just because I'm a newbie to this site don't mean I'm a newbie to these beats biyatch. Some people need to shut they fuckin gums up talkin shit. ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
AceProductions said:
Aite. I went sample diggin and found some shit. And I've been diggin. I just asked did anybody have an artist whom has incredible music to give me there name and I could dig by myself. Yall act like I was like send me this and that. And just because I'm a newbie to this site don't mean I'm a newbie to these beats biyatch. Some people need to shut they fuckin gums up talkin shit. ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its not like anybody is gonna give you an artist to sample that has a load of heat in his back catalogue ! you don't do a load of digging and hard work to go oh yea the person you want to check out is .... if sum1 gives you the name of the artist that ain't digging is it !

B

boogie_man

Here's a hint... Check the inside covers of your favorite artists CD's and look for the sample info on them. Of course, they've already been used, but it's like I like to say; "It's not who used it first, but who used it best."

Back in the early 80's no one knew what was what when it came to samples. Basically you either found something hot or you wound up with crates full of unuseable crap. It don't hurt so bad when you only pay .50 cents for a whole LP and you can always turn around and sell or trade them. So just dig bro. Dig, dig, and dig some more. You'll know it's hot when you hear it!

members online