What Next?

SupaStar

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I know most if not all on this site who are members of mp3.com have received their "notice" letter by now, telling us of another great company going under, I cannot even begin to understand why they (mp3.com) would sell out, just as sonic foundry did to Sony. So, I am left to wonder what next -

And also an idea passed through my mind that i would like to generate a discussion on - is it possible that if say at least 20 or more members who lost their site on mp3.com who were already paying $15 / $10 per month subscription - is it possible to transform illmuzik.com to a subscription site like mp3.com by switching over and paying that same fee per month to illmuzik - if so, what would take (- costs -) and what limitations would there be.
Cuz i'm pretty sure with the tight knit family thats on here, it could happen and I would certainly enjoy being a part of such a project.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
I think alot of it has to do with the legal aspects involved in creating a site that people can d/l copywrited music (not to mention the lawsuits that follow). I don't believe that it will ever stop and I don't really care because I never d/l music. I see both sides of the coin with the whole d/l debate. Anyway, to answer your question on "what's next?". m3u is gaining popularity real fast. Keep an eye open for that.

out,--dac

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Yeah see the thing about MP3.com they were able to have enuff shareholders, but they did get sued I believe I owned some shares b4 it went down the toilet......they started with a good concept...FREE and better than soundclick was but they got too commercialized..........but when they went to pay per listen and hosting fees, then that messed everything up......... a lot of people are wary nowadays about pay sites for music hosting....especially since tonos.com just completely dissapeared and people that were being billed or paid for services couldn't get their refunds back......

members online