What up, everyone! ...from San Diego, CA

Peace everybody! I go by the name of Philly Titan, pleasure to be here. Big up to Mr. Fade for accommodating underground producers...from the young bucks (and doe's) to dusty oldies like myself. I signed up a few days ago after a google search for 'hip-hop beat competitions' lead me here to IllMuzik. I lurked around a bit, peeped some real promising talent here and I wanted to be a part of it. So here's my intro and I look forward to sharing my work.

I was born and raised here in Southern Cali, been here my whole life. I've been a hip-hop head since I was eight: my first cassette was The Fat Boys first joint. I've been living it ever since. I used to DJ for my crew Urban Dynamics back in the 90's. I started producing then with a Tascam 4-track and a Lexicon sampler. I never did get a beat machine, just chopped old breaks.

Well, life happened and I stopped until 2010. I had the passion and wanted to produce again, so I bought a cheap 25 key M-Audio MIDI controller and scored Reason 3. Couldn't believe it, an entire rack in a PC! I'm still using Reason, along with a Casio keyboard and a MPC Studio. Steady creatin'!

Reactions: *D*

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Welcome to the ILL! It's funny how it happens to a lot of people where basically life gets in the way and they have to stop for a while.

*D*

Beatmaker
Peace everybody! I go by the name of Philly Titan, pleasure to be here. Big up to Mr. Fade for accommodating underground producers...from the young bucks (and doe's) to dusty oldies like myself. I signed up a few days ago after a google search for 'hip-hop beat competitions' lead me here to IllMuzik. I lurked around a bit, peeped some real promising talent here and I wanted to be a part of it. So here's my intro and I look forward to sharing my work.

I was born and raised here in Southern Cali, been here my whole life. I've been a hip-hop head since I was eight: my first cassette was The Fat Boys first joint. I've been living it ever since. I used to DJ for my crew Urban Dynamics back in the 90's. I started producing then with a Tascam 4-track and a Lexicon sampler. I never did get a beat machine, just chopped old breaks.

Well, life happened and I stopped until 2010. I had the passion and wanted to produce again, so I bought a cheap 25 key M-Audio MIDI controller and scored Reason 3. Couldn't believe it, an entire rack in a PC! I'm still using Reason, along with a Casio keyboard and a MPC Studio. Steady creatin'!

I started learning from the older producers that used Tascam 4 tracks and old beat machines like the DR-5 lol.

members online