Where are the Fantom X6 users??!!

BluPHI!!!

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
What up Illmuzik Fam,

Im a hip hop producer trying to get an idea of how to put something down quick on the X6. Im getting it in the mail from samash in a few days and I was wondering if you could share some info with me.

Im a newbie who'll read through the manual, but I'm getting the MV 8000 too and thats going to be a lot of info for me to absorb (460 page manual)PLUS the X6 info

I just want to get a few tips and tricks on the X6 that could get me started on laying down some tracks.

With ALL DUE RESPECT TO EVERYONE ON THIS SITE,

1) i UNDERSTAND THAT THINGS TAKE TIME FOR ONE TO LEARN AND AFTER READING THROUGH THE MANUAL BACK AND FORTH, i'LL GET THE GIST OF BOTH PIECES AFTER TIME-----I JUST WANT TO GET A COUPLE TIPS, TRICKS, POSSIBLE VIDEO LINKS ON THE X6, BEFORE I GET IT SO I CAN BE FAMILIAR WITH IT TO GET ME STARTED

2) i HAVE ALSO LOOKED THROUGH PAST POSTS ON THIS SITE--AS WELL AS WENT TO ROLANDS SITE, TO GET SOME INFO---IM NOT HERE TO WASTE ANYONES TIME, I JUST WOULD SOME X6 ADVICE FROM ANY USERS

Im a Newbie who'll extremely appreciate any wisdom i can get from you guys. But I'd appreciate if I didnt get the negative -(Diss a Newbie/Newbies dont wanna learn) type of reply.--AS I MENTIONED, IM JUST TRYING TO GET FAMILIAR WITH THE X6 B4 I RECIEVE IT.

Thanx

Bluphi!!!

BluPHI!!!

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Trife said:
this thread has been explained b4 but lets see how long this goes

do ur research fam n all ur questions will be answered

Thank you Trife, for reading though my original post only to miss the paragraph:

“……But I'd appreciate if I didnt get the negative -(Diss a Newbie/Newbies dont wanna learn) type of reply.--AS I MENTIONED, IM JUST TRYING TO GET FAMILIAR WITH THE X6 B4 I RECIEVE IT."

Im not here to make enemies or start arguments.
But I researched past posts, before I posted this
So, I did my "research fam"------------

All I asked for was some “tips and tricks” that I could learn to get familiar with the x6 before it arrives.

I guess the same person who wrote:

“i was in sam ash n i love the Roland Fantom X6 im doin all the OT at my job to get it
those Roland sounds are crazy i luv that shyt anyone else like it”

Is the same person who bashes me for what I got and you don’t have………

Hmmmmmm….Could it be hate???!!! (LOL)

Agent Smith

IllMuzik Junkie
ill o.g.
ok first of all, you are to be commended for doing your research first...but i dont think its cool to come on this site with that kind of attitude. im being totally serious and I have nothing against you because i don't even know you but you gotta check yourself...you cant say you dont want to start arguments and then be a smartass. what kind of tips and tricks were you expecting that you havent already found or would be able to understand, especially if you dont have the fantom yet? it would be shit like "remember that its easier to navigate through the track edit menu with the pads". ...ok what the hell good does that do if you dont have the piece.

if i come off harsh im sorry...i dont want beef and i know you dont either, but you will make enemies here like that. you wont get negative feedback until you spit negative out.

when you do get the fantom, if you have questions then ask me if theres somethng you cant figure out because i use one...and i believe classic uses the rackmount version and theres a couple more users on here that would be glad to help you with specific questions when you have them. peace

BluPHI!!!

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
if i come off harsh im sorry...i dont want beef and i know you dont either, but you will make enemies here like that. you wont get negative feedback until you spit negative out.

when you do get the fantom, if you have questions then ask me if theres somethng you cant figure out because i use one...and i believe classic uses the rackmount version and theres a couple more users on here that would be glad to help you with specific questions when you have them. peace[/QUOTE]

Thanx for your reply.

I didnt intend to come off negative at all, but it obviously created an unwanted tension and that wasn't my goal.

I'm just tired off sometimes seeing newbies getting smartass, and non-helpful, responses from experienced members who's main goals are just to say something non beneficial to the thread post question. (We've all seen those from time to time)

Granted everyone has a right to their opinion, i just preferred to
be direct because im in need of assistance and i didnt want to waste anyone's time.

I appreciate you for being honest and offering your help.

I just didnt want to deal with unessescary posts from these type of characters who wanna critisize RATHER THAN HELP--Thats why I wrote my first post that way.

I'm getting those two pieces in particular (Roland MV8000 and X6) becuase one piece is going to my production partner and the other is for me. Im just trying to get as much help as possible because we have investors who are pouring in on our skill and we have a great business opportunity comming that im not trying to let go.

Again, Im not here to be a smartass. But I FEEL LIKE IF SOMEONE SAYS SOMETHING UNESSESCARY, IM GOING TO BE UPFRONT WITH THEM.

MAYBE I DONT PICK THE RIGHT APPROACH BUT WHO'S PERFECT.

-bluphi!!!

kojo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
well theres free mv8000 videos on mvnation's forums that dudes have made. may wanna check those out. samplekings makes vids for the mv as well. roland sells dvds on the fantom X so theres a few sources right there u can check out.

N.Y.S.O.M.

A Beat Nut
ill o.g.
BluPHI!!! said:
Thank you Trife, for reading though my original post only to miss the paragraph:

“……But I'd appreciate if I didnt get the negative -(Diss a Newbie/Newbies dont wanna learn) type of reply.--AS I MENTIONED, IM JUST TRYING TO GET FAMILIAR WITH THE X6 B4 I RECIEVE IT."

Im not here to make enemies or start arguments.
But I researched past posts, before I posted this
So, I did my "research fam"------------

All I asked for was some “tips and tricks” that I could learn to get familiar with the x6 before it arrives.

I guess the same person who wrote:

“i was in sam ash n i love the Roland Fantom X6 im doin all the OT at my job to get it
those Roland sounds are crazy i luv that shyt anyone else like it”

Is the same person who bashes me for what I got and you don’t have………

Hmmmmmm….Could it be hate???!!! (LOL)

im in the same boat as u buddy i was in sam ash too on 48th n broadway i got my eye on the Xa nah mean is there a certain reason why u want the X6

The-Shadow

Ego Sum Vox Manus Deus
ill o.g.
I don't have any of the Fantom X series synths but I do have a Fantom-S88. Other than new sounds and a color screen, the unit's software is virtually the same as the X-series. Everyone's got differing opinions on the sounds in the Fantom series compared to other synths. I personally chose the Fantom because I service Roland products and I like the ease of use its software provides. One tip I can give you is learn to master the unit's EDIT function. It's very useful especially in Patch mode. I don't usually use the preset sounds on my Fantom, I like to edit the sounds and get them sounding pleasing to me. The Fantom has many parameters that will adjust the dynamics of patches. Get familiar with the Time Variant Filters and the Time Variant Amplifiers. Get especially familiar with the COSM and Matrix Control. Read and study those chapters till you know those functions inside and out. When you do get tired of the presets, these functions will allow you to create different patches so you never run out of usable sounds.

Also when you master Matrix Control, you'll be able to control ADSR (attack, decay, sustain, release) parameters for the TVA and TVF matrices from your MV-8000. A lot of Fantom users I know burn a lot of dollars buying expansion boards to get better sounds. Too bad for them they don't realize that the Fantom is a synthesizer, therefore it's possible to "synthesize" new sounds out of samples or existing patches.

I'm also a member of the Fantomized forums, and they got a lot of knowledgeable people over there who can help you get the most out of your synth.

A Fantom synth, definitely a good look.

Peace.

Oh yeah, one more thing. You got outside money riding on all this, so you need to create hot shit. You got to learn and learn fast. What do you need to learn to get the most out of your hardware...SEE ABOVE. The MV to my knowledge also has similar software and synth mechanisms, tell your boy to study the same.

Good luck.

BluPHI!!!

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
The-Shadow said:
I don't have any of the Fantom X series synths but I do have a Fantom-S88. Other than new sounds and a color screen, the unit's software is virtually the same as the X-series. Everyone's got differing opinions on the sounds in the Fantom series compared to other synths. I personally chose the Fantom because I service Roland products and I like the ease of use its software provides. One tip I can give you is learn to master the unit's EDIT function. It's very useful especially in Patch mode. I don't usually use the preset sounds on my Fantom, I like to edit the sounds and get them sounding pleasing to me. The Fantom has many parameters that will adjust the dynamics of patches. Get familiar with the Time Variant Filters and the Time Variant Amplifiers. Get especially familiar with the COSM and Matrix Control. Read and study those chapters till you know those functions inside and out. When you do get tired of the presets, these functions will allow you to create different patches so you never run out of usable sounds.

Also when you master Matrix Control, you'll be able to control ADSR (attack, decay, sustain, release) parameters for the TVA and TVF matrices from your MV-8000. A lot of Fantom users I know burn a lot of dollars buying expansion boards to get better sounds. Too bad for them they don't realize that the Fantom is a synthesizer, therefore it's possible to "synthesize" new sounds out of samples or existing patches.

I'm also a member of the Fantomized forums, and they got a lot of knowledgeable people over there who can help you get the most out of your synth.

A Fantom synth, definitely a good look.

Peace.

Oh yeah, one more thing. You got outside money riding on all this, so you need to create hot shit. You got to learn and learn fast. What do you need to learn to get the most out of your hardware...SEE ABOVE. The MV to my knowledge also has similar software and synth mechanisms, tell your boy to study the same.

Good luck.

Thanx so much for your help in my endeavors.

And your right, WE REALLY HAVE TO MAKE HOT TRACKS. THERE AINT NOTHING LIKE INVESTOR PRESSURE.

I LOOOVEEEE ITTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
KurtisRich said:
Sup. I don't have a Fantom, but all the tip I can give you is do what I usually do, just fiddle and mess around with the damn thang ya heard. I learn new stuff every time I fiddle around with a piece of gear or software. Manual? What manual... who invented manuals? Haha j/k

thats what i do

members online