Where I normally get my music production needs......

Krazyfingaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
http://www.americanmusical.com, i'm not sure if any or most of you all know about this site. They have the best deals on equipment and software that i've found. My co worker put me on to this site earler this year. wish I knew about this site earlier instead of wasting money at GC. Definitely dope for those of us who dont have all the doe upfront and dont want to finance. Oh and free shipping on all orders if ordered by 2pm.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
http://www.americanmusical.com, i'm not sure if any or most of you all know about this site. They have the best deals on equipment and software that i've found. My co worker put me on to this site earler this year. wish I knew about this site earlier instead of wasting money at GC. Definitely dope for those of us who dont have all the doe upfront and dont want to finance. Oh and free shipping on all orders if ordered by 2pm.

dp will probably come by and "slam" anything but Sweetwater....lol BUT...I buy most of my shhh from them. I'm balling on a budget and u can get what u need and pay it off with no interest with them. They are very "recession" friendly!

Damn...I told u dp was on the way...lol

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
p.s. AMS doesn't pester you with emails and phone calls....I really like that! I bought one thing from Sweetwater and now they'r like bill collectors!

I've bought thousands of dollars worth of shit from AMS with absolutely NO PROBLEMS. Haven't had to return one single thing. I was recommended a particular sound card from Sweetwater that FAILED. Had to upgrade it and I've never bought anything else from them nor will I.

But that's just me....I stick with those who take care of MY NEEDS...again...I ball on a budget so AMS is my "goto"

lion-ucs

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I go to SameDayMusic. Loved them ever since I discovered them.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
I go to SameDayMusic. Loved them ever since I discovered them.

They offer payment plans so I'd check them out....they seem to be on the same level as AMS!

The only thing I see diff't is that they only off a 2 payment plans where as AMS does 3 to 5 which on my budget works better. With AMS the bigger the ticket price the more payment options you get....

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
I'm with Sweetwater and they can be annoying with the follow ups BUT I appreciate their tenacity...it tells me that they want my business. Whenever I purchase something from them, they email the invoice, then they call to verify that I received my gear and ask if I have any questions about installing it, and so on. For me it's usually - a less than 1 minute phone call but you can request that they don't call you if that bothers you.

I'm not gonna 'boast' that Sweetwater is the best, but I can say that they've been the best for me. Plus I've been with them for a very long time and I do a lot of business with them.

Props to KF for this post...not many people share their resources so good look'n on that.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Dude if you can find a deal on macs let me know.

The problem with Apple products is there is zero margin in them so no one can discount.

Sweetwater=you get a real engineer on the phone and you always deal with the same guy.
AMS=You get a high school kid with no experience.

Other than that they are fine

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Sweetwater = a "brainiac" salesman who needs that commission, who may be very knowledgeable for those who don't know what they want and need. If u need a "sales person" they're for you.

AMS =If u want no hassle, non commission driven sales person, and a company that is geared toward those who already have knowledge of the product. Those who are in the market for buying and only wish to make "that" purchase minus the extras. Those who want to keep it moving with very flexible payment options. If that describes you then a company like AMS is the spot.

I personally don't know if they have kids working the phones or monkeys because I order online and not by phone...I have no need to talk to a sales person at this stage of the game and especially with so much information online about anything known to man. If I do I'll physically GO TO THE STORE and not waste my time on the phone seeking knowledge.

Neither is "better or worse".....it all depends on your needs as a buyer!

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
I'm tell'n ya... statements like... "This is Best", "Product X vs Product Y", "Holy Cow Batman..!" are useless and just unproductive (especially right now!). *sigh* smh

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
I just go where the deals are...

lately it's been GC for me....because I can get things @ 10% over cost...

beat that you bastards!

DJ Excellence

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 229
Well DP had been working for them for years, isn't it normal though? It's okay to support your former employer.

dp will probably come by and "slam" anything but Sweetwater....lol BUT...I buy most of my shhh from them. I'm balling on a budget and u can get what u need and pay it off with no interest with them. They are very "recession" friendly!

Damn...I told u dp was on the way...lol

Krazyfingaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
uhh fail, there are people there working in sales that have Grammy's. Where else will you find that?

I would ask this question, WHY THE FUCK would you be working in someone's sales dept or better yet as anything or anyone in tele sales trying to sell me equipment if you have Grammys? IJS. Thats a career fail right there. damn DP you've officially buzzkilled this thread.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Notice I am not knocking anyone else, I am just pointing out things Sweetwater does better. and no I have not worked there in a few years, but they are so much better than any "mail order" place its not even funny. But if you like AMS or GC that's cool. But why would you turn down all the extra's that Sweetwater offer's when there prices are the same?

tele sales trying to sell me equipment if you have Grammys? IJS. Thats a career fail right there. damn DP you've officially buzzkilled this thread.

There is money to be made there, and Sweetwater designs EVERYONE's studio and I mean EVERYONE. You get to work with whoever you want when you work there. Even after winning a Grammy you still have to hustle. Also most of the guys do both. They use Sweetwater as a regular paycheck and they can make music fun again and only take the gigs they really want.