Which one to get??>>>Triton Extreme vs. Roland Fantom vs. Yamaha Motif <<<

B

Bagarbilla

Hi everyone. New over here and looking for some ideas.

Which keyboard/synthesizer/workstation would you go with and why?

The opportunity to buy a workstation has come along and I am pretty much comparing between these three.

Roland Fantom X6 has a nice and big color LCD screen, but I think it lacks good sounds.

The Yamaha MOTIF has probably the best sounds but the user interface isn't all that great.

The Triton Extreme has the best user interface, and although doesn't have the 'realistic' sounds like the motif does, would probably be easier to use because of the interface, and plus the fact it's a TRITON and is very universal.

The type of music that I will be doing will mostly be a mix Dance/House/Trance music as well as Medeterranian/Indian.

They keyboard will be used in a studio as well as in live settings.

50 cal

King of the West
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Bagarbilla said:
Hi everyone. New over here and looking for some ideas.

Which keyboard/synthesizer/workstation would you go with and why?

The opportunity to buy a workstation has come along and I am pretty much comparing between these three.

Roland Fantom X6 has a nice and big color LCD screen, but I think it lacks good sounds.

The Yamaha MOTIF has probably the best sounds but the user interface isn't all that great.

The Triton Extreme has the best user interface, and although doesn't have the 'realistic' sounds like the motif does, would probably be easier to use because of the interface, and plus the fact it's a TRITON and is very universal.

The type of music that I will be doing will mostly be a mix Dance/House/Trance music as well as Medeterranian/Indian.

They keyboard will be used in a studio as well as in live settings.

i'd get the motif because of the sounds, the acoustic sounds are very realistic, as far as sequencing, i dont know. i couldn't get down with sequencing when i used it, but if you have an mpc you dont even have to use the motifs sequencing anyway.

chazzo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
bigmakintrax just post your details I'm interested in hearing what you have to say. Being that I'm in the same boat.

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
bigdmakintrax said:
Get the Motif instant message me for many details between all of these boards I owned each of them and know them pretty extensively....

i'm on the lookout for a cheap motif, fantom, or triton module.. So Big you say Motif is the best for sounds? That's good news cause the Motif is 200bucks cheaper than the fantom

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
when I pick up a board I think is this sound real or synthy...so I am just basing my opinion on when I play the MO more of the sounds appear realistic even though the board has its share of synth sounds....I love Roland sounds but I recently picked up an older module...the alesis QSR with 2 cards over 6000 sounds and you can layer up to 8 sounds its a slept on module if you ask me and it has all of those crazy synth patches already set like you hear on just Blaze or the Neptunes Club joints you can still make your own though with the filters on the MO...Plus it has all of the old Alesis Drum Machines on it too so I can make my own synthetic drums.

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Would the Alesis QSR be a decent addition to my setup in place of the motif for now, or should I wait and save the money for the motif? I'm not looking for anything specific in my decision making other than quality options at my fingertips. Also I read that the Alesis QSR has expansion slots.. I'm guessing you would load drums or sounds into it so you could use the hardware to tweek instead of software.. I have an mpc already and software so i think the Motif might be the better option for me. Does this sound right what do you think?

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Agent Smith said:
yo, the fantom/triton/motif topic has been discussed millions of times...search the forums.

I was asking Trax a question about the Alesis QSR. The person who started this thread has only one post, so bagarbilla.. our database is full of great threads that contain valuable information..

B

Bagarbilla

Thanks for the responses.

While I understand that this topic has probably been beaten to death a million times, I figured I would ask over here just to get some fresh opinions on the matter.

So far I am leaning towards the Triton simply based on their user interface along with the fact that in the future I might invest in a Korg Oasys once they are a bit cheaper and come out with a 61 key version. Since the Triton and the the Oasys have similar Operating systems and functions, it would be easy for me to get used to it.

I am just looking for opinions from people who have used all three of these keyboards to get an idea which one they thought was best for them overall..

Agent Smith

IllMuzik Junkie
ill o.g.
Even so, i suggest you do a search to get some background on the subject because i don't think you'll get as many answers as you hope by asking about a topic that has been covered so many times. i actually asked a question similar to this a while ago so i know there are a few threads...not trying to be an asshole but as far as finding the best one of all three, you're not going to get a solid answer. the answer you'll most likely get is "it's just a matter of trying them out because everyone is different".
http://www.futureproducers.com/userreviews.php check some user reviews there but again...searching is essential...

B

Bagarbilla

I did some searching and read through a lot of topics. I think I may go with the MOTIF.

Do you guys think the MOTIF is good for doing Electronica/House/Trance type productions?

A

Authority

yea its koo for those types of musik....and it really dont matter out of those three keyboards.....its all about the person that operates the machine

misscc803

Miss C.C.
ill o.g.

trebeatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
hey big d, whats those qsr sounds like, im lookin to buy a rack for some nice sounds, do u have an idea about that QSR vs T Rack vs Motif ES?

TKNK

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
!GET THE TRITON!
If you want the most control and creativit.TRUST u wont go wrong with the triton.
Ever production i do from creating my own synths&drums to sampling is all done on the triton,its a real beast ounce u really know how to use it.Cause u can do what ever comes to mind thats why the neptunes/timbaland still use it 2.
I had mines for 5years and its still puttin out that sound that cant be heard any on any board.

Listen 2 any of my traks there all from the triton

TKNK

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
damn an alesis?.... will its not the price its jus i would hav PERSONALY got a used yamaha or roland. never liked alesis boards the sounds sound generic and also for the price u can get better older boards on ebay/craigslist.
But anyways i used to think my board was okay/old then i read the manual and figured out how to program & tweak sounds to a crazy level i never knew it could produce.So every since then ive known that a board is useless until U REALLY KNOW HOW 2 PLAY&TWEAK 2 UNLEASH ITS AND YOUR POTENTIAL & CREATIVITY.

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
the Fusion has a built in harddrive that changes everything, ive already downloaded plenty of new crisp sounds online, and Alesis has already improved the sounds and operation with OS updates... the harddrive is the X-Factor. i just gotta learn it more. for Hip Hop, it more than answers the call.

da relic

members online