Will I Get Sued?

Tulrap

Tulrap Beat Maker!
Battle Points: 1
I've been thinking for a long time that I don't have an original FL Studio (daw), I pirated it so if I put my beats onto youtube will I get sued? Under which terms they will control my license? I put my music on soundcloud because they allow me to turn off the downloads. My fear is that what if someone downloads it via youtube mp3 converter and uses it without my permission? All my work will be gone if they do so.

Drago Zetić

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 104
Don't worry about pirated software - it's not like you'll have cops running into your house and finding it out by digging through data on your hard drive. Using it and selling music made on such a version does void the contract, but I don't think anybody would care enough to look if you really used a pirated version as long as you keep quiet about it.

Basically, you won't be sued. If somebody uses your beats without permission, I think you can order a DMCA takedown, although I'm not sure if you can do so without applying for copyright registration. For YouTube, it's easy to protect your music by applying it to the ContentID system.

Feel

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 15
I honestly dont care if someone downloads my stuff. That just means they like it.
Its like handing out cd's with your beats on them. The moment you hand it out its not in your control anymore. There is tones of sound out there for you to be worried about a couple of beats.

Tulrap

Tulrap Beat Maker!
Don't worry about pirated software - it's not like you'll have cops running into your house and finding it out by digging through data on your hard drive. Using it and selling music made on such a version does void the contract, but I don't think anybody would care enough to look if you really used a pirated version as long as you keep quiet about it.

Basically, you won't be sued. If somebody uses your beats without permission, I think you can order a DMCA takedown, although I'm not sure if you can do so without applying for copyright registration. For YouTube, it's easy to protect your music by applying it to the ContentID system.
Will I have an exclusive license for my beats when I export it through my DAW as long as I keep the flp file although I pirated the software? Because I just checked Content ID application form, it says "How many copyrights do you exclusively control?".

wizard

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 141
If you are serous about music business and worrying about licensing and ect I would register all my equipment, Its cool to have pirate software but at one point in time in anyone life, you just have to invest in yourself! pay for everything make sure everything is legit! I have every piece of software and controllers and ect all registered! Now you don't have to do this to make money of music but, if you are serious than i would just go legit and invest in yourself properly this way you don't have to worry!

As for downloading content, Thats a war no one can win!! You can lock it, you can track it but if I want it i can get it and scrape anything off the web! If someone steals it, take it as a compliment and contact them!! Also get a writers and publishing as well! my music i chose to make money from or summit all gets registered by ascap or bmi and ect. I like ascap because they pay good and they pay period lol!om
Any beats i submit to people or placement they are sent out for mastering and than registered to ascap! this way you get paid if someone uses your music!! This wont stop from others downloaded it but at least you can make money and be protected if it goes mainstream or if the artist blows up!

hope it all works out for you and keep up the good work!

Tulrap

Tulrap Beat Maker!
If you are serous about music business and worrying about licensing and ect I would register all my equipment, Its cool to have pirate software but at one point in time in anyone life, you just have to invest in yourself! pay for everything make sure everything is legit! I have every piece of software and controllers and ect all registered! Now you don't have to do this to make money of music but, if you are serious than i would just go legit and invest in yourself properly this way you don't have to worry!

As for downloading content, Thats a war no one can win!! You can lock it, you can track it but if I want it i can get it and scrape anything off the web! If someone steals it, take it as a compliment and contact them!! Also get a writers and publishing as well! my music i chose to make money from or summit all gets registered by ascap or bmi and ect. I like ascap because they pay good and they pay period lol!om
Any beats i submit to people or placement they are sent out for mastering and than registered to ascap! this way you get paid if someone uses your music!! This wont stop from others downloaded it but at least you can make money and be protected if it goes mainstream or if the artist blows up!

hope it all works out for you and keep up the good work!
I don't have money, that's the reason I didn't buy the software. If I will have, I will definitely buy it. But it's something I love and I want to sell a few of them.

members online