Yay, beat jacking!

DJ Redrum

Playin' For Keeps
ill o.g.
There'll always be people out there trying to jack sh!t, atleast it shows that you've making something with quality that others want to reproduce.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
first, watch/listen to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpQgptxIRBg

now, i don't know....

sampling? or just straight up beat jacking?
at least i can say i made it on the front page of the instrumental section...stupid.

Oh hell no...that's your shit man...str8 up no chaser! They sampled that shit, speed it up and put a wack ass beat behind it along with some fucked up synths. There is no doubt about it...that shit is yours. put beat tagz in ya shit man....use beat tagz....at the first bar of each verse and periodically in the hook/chorus. put it in places where you know bastards would normally chop shit up. Even if it's way down low for security. niggaz is shaddy as fuck.....DAMN. The game is fucked up!

I'm sending the bitches some hate email...forreal...that's some foul shit.

Vice

9ine 2o 5ive Live
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 71
I remember the post you made with that beat.....damn man, you got sampled. I don't know if you should be flattered or mad....

The remake aint a patch on your version, your version is oozing timbaland, his version just aint. It sounds more Open Mind to me.

ps Its only the best of us that get jacked, Id be honoured and a little pissed at the same time. But hell man you got skills, if i was you id let this poor attempt at jacking a beat slide, maybe call the person out, but really fuck em, they dont deserve the attention. You can make 20 beats hotter than that 1.

Nope, can't let it slide man. That went up to #12 on soundclick. Let them know Sam, you deserve that spot.

PS: Tag your beats
What exactly can he do, I assume the track isnt copyrighted?
If it isnt its going to be hard to prove anything, and more than likely more time and hassle than its actually worth. He can harass the people that bit it and post in places stating that it was ripped off, it might make a dent in the biters reputation, but unless you go all out on a revenge vendetta you really aint going to make much difference. Id say call it a lesson learned and copyright your shit.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Yeah too bad man I remember when you posted that up, first after listening to his song first it sort of reminded me of Neyo's So Sick a little, except the scale inverted, almost the same key ne ways good luck and always remember anything you put up on the net is open season to be jacked unfortunately.

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
u can start by discrediting him if u want... another thing is the online dates posted... but its definately urs... sampled... i would have at least chopped it up and made a new melody...this is the main reason to get some music out there... ur music could be super big when sampled in the right hands... :)

da relic

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
What exactly can he do, I assume the track isnt copyrighted?
If it isnt its going to be hard to prove anything, and more than likely more time and hassle than its actually worth. He can harass the people that bit it and post in places stating that it was ripped off, it might make a dent in the biters reputation, but unless you go all out on a revenge vendetta you really aint going to make much difference. Id say call it a lesson learned and copyright your shit.

YOUR WORK HAS A COPYRIGHT ONCE IT'S CREATED. IF THEY'RE MAKING MONEY OFF HIS SHIT HE SHOULD GO AFTER THEM. LOOK AT THE NEXT PARAGRAPH FOR PROOF THAT HE'S IN FACT COVERED!

"If it doesn't have a copyright notice, it's not copyrighted." ?

This was true in the past, but today almost all major nations follow the Berne copyright convention. For example, in the USA, almost everything created privately and originally after April 1, 1989 is copyrighted and protected whether it has a notice or not. The default you should assume for other people's works is that they are copyrighted and may not be copied unless you know otherwise. There are some old works that lost protection without notice, but frankly you should not risk it unless you know for sure.
It is true that a notice strengthens the protection, by warning people, and by allowing one to get more and different damages, but it is not necessary. If it looks copyrighted, you should assume it is. This applies to pictures, too. You may not scan pictures from magazines and post them to the net, and if you come upon something unknown, you shouldn't post that either.

Threaten them bastards with a lawsuit and watch them back the fuck down! Tell them bastards to post an apology letter on sound click as well. Tell them they have 30 days to comply or you're going after them in court. They'll probably take everything they have down off of soundclick and break camp. Copy and paste the copyright law in your email or letter to them fucks. GAME OVER..U WIN!

Producer_GyaL

IllMuzik First Lady
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 182
welcome to the world of the internet... tag your beats man.... and not only that... anybody can "hear" your ideas and "replay" it. Sooo.... if you can.... do not put your music online...or put complete tracks of your work... or put a little 30 sec of what you did.... People have this hunger to look for new melodies... new fresh ideas... keep your ideas for yourself and key people who will hear your stuff. mmmh!!

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Copy of the email I sent that s.o.b

You'll have a copyright infrigment law suit being served to you real soon! You obviously don't know the law governing other peoples music. You can't sample someones elses work and pass it along as your own! You sampled my mans piano melody and drop'd some whack synths and a drum pattern on it. Spead the sample up and now you're trying to sell it. I hope you got your ducks in a row playboy because I'll front my boy the money to get at you in court. You're going to continue to get these emails homeboy. I'd advise you to take any work you have for sale that you've stolen from somebody elses work down. If you've sold one track that has somebody elses work in it be prepared to loose what ever you have and to also be black ball'd in the music game. We will air your dirty laundry you no talent having piece of shit!

IF WE BOMBARD HIM WITH EMAILS HE'LL WISE THE FUCK UP!

I also email'd him a link to your myspace and told him you have a video showing you producing and arranging the track. I told him it better be able to show how he produced it as well..it not MO MONEY MO MONEY....lol

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Woooo ! that "revolution" on your myspace page Sam is serious!
Where the hell did you get those chirs and may I have some please?

Whats funny here is the amount of people here that sample, that are now making an argument against it! LOL Me included!

Wrong! Most of us are smart enough to know not try and "sell" somethig with samples until it's cleared, we've read the horror storys. This guy is trying to sell this shit right now today! It's not the same as sampling shit from 30 or more years ago. Most of us chop and rearrange it anyway to create a whole new melody. This dude loop'd some 2007 "made very recently" shit and drop'd a whack synth and drum pattern on it. NOT THE SAME!

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
yeah shit has happened to me a few times... u can almost always use it to your advantage.. and at least u know for yourself that ur shit is hot enough to where people would go through the effort of trying to jack it. Its almost a compliment as much as its an insult lol.... tagging doesnt really matter either . i had a rapper jack one of my beatz and put it on a official label issued mixtape with the tag still on it! I would just keep it moving ..its part of the game.. hes obviously not goin anywhere with his music. At the end of the day the talent and consistency is what shines through.

members online