Yes or no to drugs ?

Nitecrawller

ill o.g.
Hi gang, as ya'll know drugs has influenced a lot of great artists and also as lead them to their fall.Have you ever taken drugs to create music if so dit it help in any way ? Does it really make you creative process worth while or just an excuse to use it and say "well Marvin Gaye used it and look what he did ! "

Can you comment on this topic

Later

50 cal

King of the West
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Nitecrawller said:
Hi gang, as ya'll know drugs has influenced a lot of great artists and also as lead them to their fall.Have you ever taken drugs to create music if so dit it help in any way ? Does it really make you creative process worth while or just an excuse to use it and say "well Marvin Gaye used it and look what he did ! "

Later

Nah, I never did drugs for music or anything. But i was thinking i would make the funniest shit ever if i was high.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Liquor - Beat sounds good at the time I'm making it, but usually sounds shitty when I hear it sober.

Weed - Brings out creativity more and I end up with some really bugged out sounding shit.

E - I'll sit down to do a beat, but I lose interest in it after 10 minutes.

Ice Water, Coffee and Cigarrettes - I will stay in the lab making fire for hours at a time.

Heroin - Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Salvia - Source of inspiration. Too much though, and I'll pass out early.

stormelements

Beats That Knock
ill o.g.
cleverwon said:
Liquor - Beat sounds good at the time I'm making it, but usually sounds shitty when I hear it sober.

Weed - Brings out creativity more and I end up with some really bugged out sounding shit.

E - I'll sit down to do a beat, but I lose interest in it after 10 minutes.

Ice Water, Coffee and Cigarrettes - I will stay in the lab making fire for hours at a time.

Heroin - Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Salvia - Source of inspiration. Too much though, and I'll pass out early.

I've tracked both sober and not so sober (weed not liquor)...I still come out with hot tracks regardless...

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
stormelements said:
I've tracked both sober and not so sober (weed not liquor)...I still come out with hot tracks regardless...
Wow, you are very talented.

gram green

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
if you suck allready it probably wont help....

but you should try making music on every different drug at least 10 times a peice...

do that and get back to me...

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
Clev if you had made a track while on Salvia it would have been the craziest thing ever

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Tim D said:
Clev if you had made a track while on Salvia it would have been the craziest thing ever
Why's that?

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Producer_GyaL said:
i dont know why people has to take drugs.... is it fun or it is making you escape from the reality for a while?? never touched it, and i dont plan to do it. Result: I have no inspiration.
I personally dont HAVE to use drugs, but on rare occaisons i might. For me its just fun. I dont even smoke weed anymore, and i might do E once a year, so its very rare.

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
first off.. what's salvia?

I've been smoking herbs and drinking for years and it has only stall my progression. i do whole projects, from the mc to the beats to the turntable so when i get on a project i don't waste my time on brain candy. I can see that speed could help musicians, but then again you get addicted and form a mindframe that you need the drugs to make the hotness. drugs are over-rated. I have a bag and some beer in the fridge but that has nothing to do with my College and Music. Wuuurd UP

shout out to producer_gyal :)

we should come together and make beee-utiful music -_*

like this http://chrono.emuviews.com/4a.mp3

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Salvia is part of the sage family. Its perfectly legal and it gets you kind of high. Most people fuck up when they first try it because they roll it in paper or a blunt. For it to work you have to get it veeeeeeeeery hot, so a bong is best. If you do it right, youll be high for like half an hour. But its a different kind of high. Kind of like weed, but more trippy.

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 50
Nitecrawller said:

Later

I'm a habitual pot smoker, cigarette smoker, and alcohol drinker...

they do not make your music better. Marvin Gaye would be THAT MUCH DOPER if he wasnt a crackhead.

I smoke weed cause I like to get high.

I make music cause I like to make music.

Doing drugs does not make better music.

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 50
Producer_GyaL said:
i dont know why people has to take drugs.... is it fun or it is making you escape from the reality for a while?? never touched it, and i dont plan to do it. Result: I have no inspiration.

some people get caught up in the wrong shit at the wrong time, and a habit is born. some people like to escape reality, because for them, reality is a fucked up place. Some people like to feel like they have no inhibitions (i.e. drunken college sluts) when they are fucked up, and they feel more comfortable in certain social situations. Some people have nausea, pain, aching, and they use drugs to use the pain.

If you take NyQuil, you are taking drugs. Aspirin is a drug.

It's funny, I'll smoke herb till the cows come home, but you will NEVER catch me taking Nyquil, Tylenol, or any government pain reliever/pill...

Good for you though.

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
nope never.. I dont take any over the counter drugs or any other drug either..no Medicine.. i hardly get sick... im black asian and indian.. my family dont believe in that shit everything i take in is organic.. Weed is organic but i dont do that either

Man that Medicine u buy over the counter is really dangerous its Main purpose is to pospone ur symptons this way u end up having to reply on that Particular medicine and Keep Spending your $$$ this is there Residual income... and most Drugs (medical) trigger other shit..and u end spending even MORE money... People spends thousands to cure MS.. and 90% u can cure Ms by takin something out of ur everyday diet.. u;d be surprised what Garlic.. viniger, Onions etc can cure.. they dont want u to know that though

BUT NO DRUGS FOR ME well unless u call Music a drug then thats a bit diff

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
I tried Making a Beat on Shrooms ONce But the sounds Keep Scaring me I kept Hearing Some Sort of Indian Or African War Chants but On another Note Listen 2 Atliens when You Trippin On shrooms Shit Sounds so SIck I COuld Sit there for like 6 hrs listening 2 it

I dont Smoke Weed It makes my Heart Race so I dont get the whole thing when people i no Say they gota blaze b4 they Start Jammin

Tried when i been Drunk But Cant Focus

I Mad a Beat On Coke B4 Sounded aight Coke was probably the Easiest Drug 2 Focus On

Aint Done anything on any other drugs

Personally I think Drugs Dull Your Emotion and Feeling (except Shrooms) and If i aint got Emotion and Feeling when im making a beat I jus cant do it

EzZ

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
Cause salvia bugs me the fuck out, i cant even function on it

members online