Attack of the Beats! - Battle #205

Walidank

Battle Points: 162
Chiptune is a genre what you have heard obviously in video games and they never have knocking drums cuz the sample quality is very low to conserve memory space so when people try to capture that aesthetic we're not looking to make hard hitting beats we're just looking to make good game sounds cuz it's impossible to make low quality samples into high quality samples when you don't have the memory capability or the processor to handle it

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Chiptune is a genre what you have heard obviously in video games and they never have knocking drums cuz the sample quality is very low to conserve memory space so when people try to capture that aesthetic we're not looking to make hard hitting beats we're just looking to make good game sounds cuz it's impossible to make low quality samples into high quality samples when you don't have the memory capability or the processor to handle it
Ah see that's the thing, I wasn't aware that's what you were going for, I'm just going based on what I hear and judging it as a Hip Hop beat. If it was chiptune then yeah for sure that fits.

Delta_Nine

Illa la muzika!!!
@6:08 lmaooo noooo.
Cheese samwich, im dead.
Kinda wishing u had a Cubano sandwich.
@TWU damn, g. Really feeling that beat. Thats that original hiphop flavor. Love it.
I can hear like a hiss, very subtle but it adds to the overall flavor.

@Walidank chiptune ok, I've heard of that. Not too familiar with the genre but I've like what you do.
I sample myself and listening to different sampling techniques is interesting to me.
Los Angeles has a rich beat scene and I appreciate what you bring to the table.

I hear what fade is saying tho. From a hiphop perspective we love them banging drums. I know I do.

Dope ass show. Funny af. Peace everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: TWU

members online