Reviews Fade - Some Kind of Evil

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
fade_cover.jpg

We all know Fade aka Misterfade is the founder and administrator of IllMuzik.com. However, people tend to forget he's a skilled DJ/Producer in his own right. Fascinated by horror movies, he released a concept album in 2004 titled "Some Kind of Evil" which enumerates the story of an insane psycho killer. The album is entirely instrumental with short horror movie clips.

1. Intro (N/A)

This is a clip detailing the resurgence of the psycho killer, he's ready to attack.

2. Something's Not Right (4.5 out of 5)

This is a nice mysterious track with dope piano licks and a phat bass-line.

3. Roll With it (5 out of 5)

I'm really feeling this, nice pianos again with some special effects popping out from time to time.

4. I'm Too Relaxed (4.5 out of 5)

The victims are too relaxed? You bet they are. I'm really feeling the piano chops adding some variation to the main loop.

5. Maniac Stalking (4 out of 5)

The killer is stalking his victims. The beat is very menacing with powerful strings.

6. Who is He (4 out of 5)

The cops are investigating the murders. Another nice mysterious track, with hazy piano sounds.

7. Talking About a Massacre (4 out of 5)

Seems like the killer became a serial killer. The beat is more orchestral here with thundering synth effects.

8. Transformation (3.5 out of 5)

A smooth, chill track. Some of the instruments could have been better I think.

9. I Don't Wanna Die Here (5 out of 5)

Very nice eerie composition here. The victims want to hide it seems.

10. On The Horizon (3 out of 5)

Another chill track. The instrumentation is not bad but I think the choice of sounds could have been better.

11. Getting Ready (4.5 out of 5)

Nice chopped sample here, I'm feeling the abstract atmosphere.

12. The Death March (4.5 out of 5)

Nice melancholic track with chopped piano samples.

13. It's Never Over (5 out of 5)

A nice way to end the album. Very dope track with a jazzy feel, nice use of electric pianos. I guess the killer will return.

14.Outro (N/A)

A short audio clip elaborating on the previous track.

I really enjoyed this album. Overall the LP is very cohesive and solid. The menacing ambiance is subtle and never forced, avoiding the cliches of horrocore. I strongly recommend this.

Score: 4.5 / 5

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Uhoh... I gotta check this out. didnt even know.

members online