Reviews Icemanbeats - Personal Attacks

• beat this! voting starts in...

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
icemanbeats_cover.jpg

If you know KP aka Iceman then you already know the name is synonymous with banging beats that can mix current music with original productions or exploit an old school sample over the top of a hot composition. Parts of the UK are already familiar with his flow as well as that of his crew "Asylum Seekas", and many people are familiar with his YouTube tutorial and production vids, however KP now officially releases himself on the world... Pause.

Using a flow that shows self familiarity with his cadence KP uses his whole personality in this release combining humor with stunning battle lyrics or in other songs, self reflection. Haunting music and hip-hop combine with excellent flows to make this a great UK LP.

Some US heads tend to be turned off by the beats and accents that get churned out from the UK but this LP seems to be an exception, after hesitantly throwing the CD in at random locals for different people including parties, parking lots, studios, riding to the mall in the car and even in my garage during a smoke break, I have gotten nothing but positive reaction from people in the states to the songs on here.

Make no mistake though, KP has an accent that I am not familiar with and it makes you have to listen a little harder trying to decipher what is obviously English but is his own unique lilt to the language, perhaps it is the South African in him, not sure but I find it unique.

Some of my stand outs on this album that tend to make the people sit up and take notice are:

Magical Words - ft Apex, Jull-Z & Jimi Riddlz. All three of these featured artists provide slamming flow and awesome delivery, Apex and Jimi REALLY shine on here and get this song to off the chain level.

Devil - Produced by 2good, this dark sounding track is a nice 3 way collaborative effort in which KP and Shade take a dark lyrical trip through their rhymes, props to 2Good for creating an almost west coast head nod track for them to rip.

Never Say Sorry - Not sure what female KP is talking to on here but I don't think she has room to respond after this. Excellent piano and strings accompany a layered flow that will have you listening deeply and chuckling to yourself as KP lets it be known how it's going to be.

Eyes On Me - Nice cuts provided by KP himself help bring the real deal hiphop flavor to this song that has multiple talents in the form of Apex, Jimi Riddlz & Big Ish-Who, as well as KP all rip the track in a way that will make you sit up and rock to it. Excellent mix and production on this.

All Turn Around - This is the song that I start everybody out with on this album. Using a reggae sample that is just dope as fuck and fitting seamlessly into the beat KP and Shade ride this in self reflective ways that are sure to have you hitting rewind. Much props to this song, I have yet to see anyone be able to resist it.

Loads - KP rips this with a tongue twister flow that plays himself off of himself and is mentally stimulating in its rhyme scheme. Hook is fun as well.

Where Are You Now - By this time on the album I had become a fan of Apex as well as KP, again Apex delivers a good flow with excellent cadence that mixes well with KP's abilities.

Me & You ft Apex and DJ Minirol - This is usually the second song I give people on this album. Over an "old schoolesque" Apex comes a little bit more laid back than he has on the rest of the album, the lyrics are still good but I would have liked to hear a little bit more energy from him on this, DJ Minirol is amazing with the cuts, and KP absolutely impresses with his flow on this one. There is no doubt of his mic skillz by the end of his first verse, every MC I have let hear this shoots me "the look" and smiles when KP gets loose on this.

I'm Downloading - Pure comedy because it's true... So many do this but here we have a confession and self conflict that ultimately results in continuing to download music from the internet. Props for the subtle PC sounds mixed in that fit with the instruments, that's the type of detail Iceman Beats gets into, subtle sounds with haunting refrains.

Christmas When I say It Is - More of a bonus track this whole song is like its own hook, I have found myself singing this throughout the year since first hearing it over a year ago and am glad he put it on this album. This is comedy mixed with knowledge and stellar production, you rock with it through the verse and then as the rapping ends the song takes off, and the end of it takes it completely out of the ballpark where you wanna shout! If only it wasn't so short...

Autotune Blues - Is a bonus track that is nothing but comedy, not to be taken seriously KP uses autotune in a bluesy dis to autotune that will have you laughing whether you love or hate the device. This is more of a gag to fellow producers that I'm sure has KP sweating at night wondering if he should put it out in the first place... Lol.

Don't worry KP we get the joke!

This is a dope UK release, I kept it in rotation in the ride for quite awhile and will continue to play it for some time in an effort to turn people on to my man's talents. There are other great offerings on here but these were just a few of my stand outs.

Shout out to the entire "Asylum Seekas" I look forward to hearing more from everybody this was a job well done. Pick this up now so you can add some Euro Flava to your party or ride for the summer.