InMusic buying out Moog

V.J. Retro

The silent beat assassin

I haven't owned a Moog synthesizer surprisingly but I'm curious as to how this will play out. I do have the Akai MPC One and the new Stanton STX and both atr registered at InMusic. I haven't had any issues with InMusic but it seems that a lot of people aren't fans of them. I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts and their experience with InMusic

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Inmusic sucks. Ever since they started buying up other companies it just pissed a lot of people off because once again it's some big company owning the rest. I was a big fan of Alesis and when they bought them I wasn't thrilled. Then it was Akai, M-Audio and then when I saw they also bought Rane I was like wtf.

Yeah everything might be the same with Moog - for now.

For those that don't know, here's the brands they own: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/InMusic_Brands#Brands

I have mad respect for Roger Linn and I remember this video he did about Jack O'Donnell (owner of InMusic):

Every time we see this sort of thing, like with radio, news media, entertainment and games the fewer hands that control things, the less diverse, the more cookie cutter and mundane with a side order of politics being rammed down your throat things become. The more they take their customers for granted. I thought there were anti monopoly laws, they dont seem to worth the paper they are written on.

V.J. Retro

The silent beat assassin
Inmusic sucks. Ever since they started buying up other companies it just pissed a lot of people off because once again it's some big company owning the rest. I was a big fan of Alesis and when they bought them I wasn't thrilled. Then it was Akai, M-Audio and then when I saw they also bought Rane I was like wtf.

Yeah everything might be the same with Moog - for now.

For those that don't know, here's the brands they own: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/InMusic_Brands#Brands

I have mad respect for Roger Linn and I remember this video he did about Jack O'Donnell (owner of InMusic):

I remember hearing about Roger Linn having issues with Jack O' Donnell. It's a shame that they did Roger dirty like that especially after all he's done for Akai and for the music culture in general. It's always been about the money to them which makes this upsetting. It contributes to the downward quality of the products. I'm thinking about getting an MPC in the future that was made by Roger Linn himself (possibly the 3000). I'm hoping that Moog could create more affordable or excellent synths under InMusic but will see.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I remember hearing about Roger Linn having issues with Jack O' Donnell. It's a shame that they did Roger dirty like that especially after all he's done for Akai and for the music culture in general. It's always been about the money to them which makes this upsetting. It contributes to the downward quality of the products. I'm thinking about getting an MPC in the future that was made by Roger Linn himself (possibly the 3000). I'm hoping that Moog could create more affordable or excellent synths under InMusic but will see.
Yeah that's really low what he did to him, especially given how much Roger Linn has done for music production. Akai was not the same as when he was creating the products but at least they still had decent products. But it's a shame that the quality has gone downhill for a lot of these companies. Even NI was bought out a few years ago.

V.J. Retro

The silent beat assassin
Every time we see this sort of thing, like with radio, news media, entertainment and games the fewer hands that control things, the less diverse, the more cookie cutter and mundane with a side order of politics being rammed down your throat things become. The more they take their customers for granted. I thought there were anti monopoly laws, they dont seem to worth the paper they are written on.
There are anti-monopoly laws but they probably don't ban all types of monopolies depending on how the mergers are done between the company.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
It's just tiring to see companies that were really good that end up selling and become just another wing of a larger company. It was always good seeing companies like Alesis, Cakewalk, Roland, etc now it's just the name that exists. I wonder if they have separate booths at NAMM anymore or are they at the Inmusic booth lol.

members online