Reviews Mercury Waters 'The Path'

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
mercurywaters-The-Path-cover-300x300.png

I found this by accident on Facebook. Mercury Waters is an emcee from the DC area, now based in Charlotte,NC. He is known for his calm delivery and abstract, esoteric lyrics. His new EP "The Path"draws some of its themes from the "great recession" and current uncertainty people are enduring throughout the world. It's also good to note this project is entirely self-produced. Now time for the review.

1.Clap Clap (3.5 out of 5 Fair)

This is a track about positivity with a joyous vibe. Decent bass heavy beat with claps (obviously) and synths.

2.Blah Blah Blah (4 out of 5 Good)

Merc talks about people who talk a lot but say absolutely nothing, especially those who made money during the sub-prime era. Nice guitar driven beat.

3.Better I Can't Tell (4 out of 5 Good)

This one's about the hardships people are enduring right now: unemployment, piling debts, etc .... The down-tempo beat is well crafted (nice bass, synths and acoustic guitar).

4.Hey You featuring Trek Life (4.5 out of 5 Very Good)

Merc and guest (who delivers a decent performance) talk to God. Feeling the massive Preemo-type drums and powerful bassline.

5.Spinnin (4.5 out of 5 Very Good)

This story telling track's about an individual with questionable motives who eventually pays the price for his actions. Nice beat with hard drums and a superb vocal sample.

6.Telephone (4.5 out of 5 Very Good)

The telephone is a metaphor for the malaise of the youth: kids become reclusive and sometimes lose their mind. Nice eerie piano-driven beat.

Conclusion: A solid EP with intelligent, thoughtful lyrics.

Final Score: 4 out of 5

Preview and buy the album: bandcamp.com

More Info: freedomwaters.com

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
2 surprises during the last Battle That! Merc and PG both showed up and voted. I had PG's vote but Merc voted for my opponent...lol. Nevertheless, I look at him as a friend and I respect him and his work. I even did some scratches on one of his albums. It's good to see that he's still grinding.

members online