Reviews Stresswon & Spanish Harlem - Head Bop Music

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
stresswon_cover.jpg

Head-Bop Music is a new album featuring IllMuzik's own Stresswon (on the mic) and Spanish Harlem (on the beats). To be honest I was a bit intrigued to see such collaboration: Stresswon is from New Jersey and heavily influenced by the East Coast Boom Bap; whereas Spanish Harlem is from Cali and fond of streetwise, smooth melodic beats... so could they make it work?

1. Intro (N/A)

Stresswon warns everybody the album will be hot over a dramatic sample. I guess he must be right.

2. What I chose (3.5 out of 5)

Stress explains why he chooses to make real Hip Hop music. The beat features a dope bass-line and pulsating drums but the horn samples are a bit irritating.

3. I Rise (4.5 out 5)

Stress talks about the need to rise above the materialistic trends of the current Hip Hop climate. The beat is smooth with a superb bass-line and wind instruments.

4. Dear Ladies (4 out 5)

This is an homage to women. The production features nice synths and again a tight bass-line.

5. Clear Message interlude (N/A)

This is a short interlude showcasing a senseless dictator?

6. Head Bop Music (4.5)

This song is about... blasting boom bap music! The beat features chops with dope chromatic instruments.

7. Superior (5 out of 5)

This is PHAT! The production is insane, featuring pianos and horns. Stress warns emcees about his superiority.

8. Life Goes On interlude (N/A)

Another short interlude.

9. Must Maintain (4 out of 5)

Stresswon talks about the responsibilities of having a family. The beat is smooth with nice synth strings.

10. Voices (5 out of 5)

The production is dope here. Spanish sampled superb pianos. Stress talks about the dangers of not keeping it real.

11. Livin Lyricism (4 out of 5)

Another braggadocio song. The orchestral sample is nice but I feel the chops could have been cleaner.

12. End of the beginning (N/A)

This is a nice outro. Spanish announces the end of the album.

Conclusion: I think it's safe to say Stresswon and Spanish Harlem came up with a very good album. The contrast of styles between the two artists make this LP very interesting and I strongly recommend it to anyone who's into real Hip Hop music.

Score: 4.5 / 5

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
For the record...this joint is dope and its representing both east and west coasts. Efforts don't get much bigger than that. I'd love to see an artist feature on the process of making this one. Congrads Stress and Spainish!

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Stress is ILL with the story telling shhh...if you listen CLOSE you can hear that dude has seen and been thru somethings. Spanish (and don't quote this shit....lmao) is one of the better "consistant" producers on the site. My only push to the kid is for him to make absolutely sure them drums "bang". He has a great ear for dope ass unheard samples and basslines. I think sometimes he gets more carried away with instrumentation of his beats which can lead to sub par drums. Drums are VERY important in hip hop homie. Master them both and there's no telling how far you can go. Being young and talented is a plus plus for you! Propz...

members online