Interviews Studio Talk: 8 Questions For Oninkaf

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
oninkaf.jpg

Winner of the first ever Warzone Beat Battle, Oninkaf battled through 15 other contestants to claim the top "Diamond" prize. It was only fitting that I asked him a few questions about his music, in this latest installment of Studio Talk.

Name: Oninkaf

1. What is your studio setup like?

My studio setup would be my little apartment with a plain ol' laptop and some decent speakers. :p

2. What is the one software or hardware that you can't live without?

That would be FL Studio. It's basically the only software I use. I'm hoping to expand my 'arsenal' in the near future. Every start is hard? Right?

3. What is a typical day for you?

My day starts with a cup of coffee then I'm on my way to work. If I'm not waiting tables I'm making everyone in my vicinity crazy, beat crazy. Haha! And if I'm not making music I'm probably somewhere walking (yeah I take walks).

4. What is the best advice that you've ever received?

Kick Snare. Kick, Kick Snare! Haha! I dunno probably somewhere in realms of be yourself, do your thing.

5. Do you have any tips for other producers?

Yeah. Bend, avoid and manipulate every rule that exists. All that matters is that it sounds good to you.

6. How long does it take to make a full beat?

Anywhere from an hour to few weeks. Haha!

7. Do you have any studio tricks that help you work better and faster?

It's good to already have an idea in your head (today I'm making G-Funk, etc.) sometimes it's counterproductive but sometimes it's a lifesaver. A cup of coffee and cigarettes (if you're a smoker) by your side, make sure you're full and that you already went to the bathroom. I know it sounds stupid but for me it's the little things that drive me off course.

8. What's in your near future?

Right now I don't have any plans really. It would be nice if this beat making thing takes off, who knows. For now I just wanna be heard and maybe to finally get a MC on one of my tracks.

More Information
To find out more information about Oninkaf, visit: