16's

mad flows

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
sup ya'll

I've benn rappin for da longest and when i write a verse i know when it's done buy a feeling i get, but lately i've been hearing all this shit about bar counts so can somebody please tell me how to count 16 bars. peace

ill o.g.
USUALLY, and i mean usually, theres 2 snares to a bar. So, just count 1 bar for every 2 snares.

Its hard to explain. I learned the whole 16 bar verse, 4 bar intro, etc shit from when i used to dj. It really helps. Or even if you go listen to a bunch of instrumentals, i dont even need to count any more, i just know when it has come around to the 16th bar.

Let me know if im talkin jibberish or if you understand

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
Make 16 lines, when you write, and have 12 to 15 syllables:

Have/ you/ e/ver/ been/ ha/ted/ or/ dis/cri/mi/na/ted/ a/gainst? ( 15 syllables )
I/ have/; I've/ been/ pro/tes/ted/ and/ de/mon/stra/ted/ a/gainst ( 14 syllables )

These are 2 lines of 12 to 15 syllables each, so you have to make 16 of them.

ill o.g.
Qwerty said:
Make 16 lines, when you write, and have 12 to 15 syllables:

Have/ you/ e/ver/ been/ ha/ted/ or/ dis/cri/mi/na/ted/ a/gainst? ( 15 syllables )
I/ have/; I've/ been/ pro/tes/ted/ and/ de/mon/stra/ted/ a/gainst ( 14 syllables )

These are 2 lines of 12 to 15 syllables each, so you have to make 16 of them.

Thats a good way to put it

orpheus

Cook Classics
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 39
Frictionbeats said:
There are 4 beats in a measure( bar ). So count 4 counts over each bar: Boom (1) Bap (2) Boom (3) Bap (4).

You should get 64 counts.

Usually songs are formatted... 8 bars for hook, 16 bars a verse.

R&B usually is 12 bars a verse.

but theyre are no rules....hope that was helpful....I tried, LOL

Peace out!

-Fric

FUCK THE RULES.

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
orpheus said:
FUCK THE RULES.

the rules are important, cuz you got to spit a verse of 8 -12-16-20-24 bars, or else you won't end at the chorus

N.A.R.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
most rappers have to spit 16 bars for a song...So if u got a 4 bar loop....that's 16 bars...If u got a 2 bar loop thenit's 8. Just concentrate on whatever the loop is to the music...That's the only way I can write....I can never write 16 bars w/o music...

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
Just have something worth saying, and you'll be fine.

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
Weeeeellll, the way I learned how to write down my raps was that I listened to instrumentals and formatted them to the first verse.
Your industry-standard hiphop album is gonna have sixteen bars dude, so the most effective way to format your stuff is to rap YOUR written lyrics over some other song and if your verse ends at the same time as the rapper (chorus starts) then you have done a good job!

members online