Warzone Beat Battle - April 3-4, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The next battle will be from April 3-4th! See the information below.

Signups

The signups will be on April 3rd at 1pm ET, and end around 8pm ET, or until we reach 16 contestants (whichever comes first). Voting will be for 1 day, on April 4th at 1pm ET, where the results will be posted the same day.

When you signup, you MUST upload all 4 of your beats. The upload page will close at 8pm ET!

The Signup page is here (click the "signup/upload" tab - it will open up on the signup day)

Theme: NONE
Time Limit:
1 minute

Rounds

• Round 1 will begin around 1pm ET.
  • Rounds 2, 3, and 4 will begin as soon as the votes are tallied from the previous round. Usually it's about 30-60 minutes between rounds.
  • All beats must be no longer than 1 minute!
Rules

If you're not sure about the rules, read this thread.

If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions about the competition, please post them in here.

warzone_flyer2020040304.jpg

Im also ready, any suggestion or strategy about the order of beats...Where should I put my beat that i feel most confident in...first, last, in the middle?
I always save my best for last, weaker beats at first

Im also ready, any suggestion or strategy about the order of beats...Where should I put my beat that i feel most confident in...first, last, in the middle?

Honestly speaking, there is no golden rule. The best way is to have really high quality beats so that you are not worried about the outcome.

Personally, I also noticed that it's better to prepare beats specifically for certain battle. When I started participating in battles here I was mostly using beats that I had made three months before the battle or four months before the battle and I was just making shorter versions of them. Sometimes it worked well, sometimes it didn't but since I've been preparing strictly for certain battle it is easier for me to have a good performance.

Also when it comes to the strategy it depends on the frequency you take part in battles. If you do it regularly it is better in my opinion to prepare smaller amount of beats of higher quality than four of them with lower quality. Personally, I reckon it is better to use three or two beats. In my case it turned out to be the best option. One is a little bit too little as it can be boring for people to listen to.

@crosstevsky , i usually build it up...average beat first..but remember getting into the top tiers..better your chances for making the final rd..but top tiers gets you closer to the diamond and platinum bracket in the final rd

@crosstevsky , i usually build it up...average beat first..but remember getting into the top tiers..better your chances for making the final rd..but top tiers gets you closer to the diamond and platinum bracket in the final rd
it's also good to know your opponents, when you have battled against everybody each contest you get to know what they will bring to the table everytime...hardly anyone changes up their style...i always change up my style because don't want to be figured out..just my philosophy...it has usually worked for me..this is why i win quite a bit more than others...you battle a person long enough you begin to figure them out...because we are creatures of habit

crosstevsky

beats architect
Battle Points: 127
it's also good to know your opponents, when you have battled against everybody each contest you get to know what they will bring to the table everytime...hardly anyone changes up their style...i always change up my style because don't want to be figured out..just my philosophy...it has usually worked for me..this is why i win quite a bit more than others...you battle a person long enough you begin to figure them out...because we are creatures of habit
I see...well this is my second warzone battle, but I think I've come up with new and better sound on this one...

A.R. DASUPASTAR

A.R. DASUPASTAR
Battle Points: 104
Whaddup my illmuzik family! I'm excited to hear the different techniques of each beatmaker cause every time I listen to the battles, it sounds like an ill ass hip hop instrumental album

I have to disagree here. Your point would make sense if you were staged with the same opponents every single time. Then maybe I would agree with it but in a situation when you are mostly staged with different people it doesn't really matter. Changing style is not really worth it as some people here will know who made a particular beat anyway. And I wouldn't say that you change your style as your style is easily recognisable. At least for me. What is more @K-waz made a really good point under one Warzone in which he used a voicetag in beat or he defended someone who used a voicetag in their beat. He said something like "It doesn't matter whether you use voicetags in your beats as overall what matters is how good is your beat". And the same thing goes with a style. Even if someone's style is recognisable, if it allows them to make bangers that make them win battles, then why they should change that? There is no point to fix something that works and is not broken. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online