Accordions are cool?

Doc Vigilanti

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
That's pretty cool. I couldn't understand a word of what they were saying, but that accordion was nice. It really gives it a crazy sound.

SirSedric

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
That's pretty cool. I couldn't understand a word of what they were saying, but that accordion was nice. It really gives it a crazy sound.

There's a few sample packs out there with accordion loops in them... but I didn't really like them.
Someone really should get on working out a hip hop based accordion pack... or a multisampled, multiformat accordion for use in EXS24 or Kontakt or something.

Doc Vigilanti

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
There's a few sample packs out there with accordion loops in them... but I didn't really like them.
Someone really should get on working out a hip hop based accordion pack... or a multisampled, multiformat accordion for use in EXS24 or Kontakt or something.

I like the idea of the latter. The accordion has such a distinct sound I believe with some processing and some tweaking you could get some really crazy sounding stuff out of it. Who ever did it though would probably have to give it away for free though, the first thought that would come to some peoples minds is accordion? What the hell were they thinking. It would be interesting I don't know any accordion players though or else I would do it.

SirSedric

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
It would be interesting I don't know any accordion players though or else I would do it.

I think that's what stops this idea in it's tracks. Does anyone know an accordion player anywhere? Maybe I could get in touch with a Jewish band that plays bar mitzvahs or something and sample them : )

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
The album Madvillainy MF Doom & Madlib has a song called Accordion, where he uses an accordion sample, its pretty sweet.

Doc Vigilanti

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
You go ahead and not mess with an Accordion I'm going to find an accordion player and make the next smash single! Lol!

My first though when I heard this kid was what Relic though I didn't know it could sound like that. I'll have to check out that MF Doom and Madlib track.

members online