Akai mpk mini 2

Silentz

Boom Bap addict
Battle Points: 113
Sure. I wouldnt expect alot for 100 bucks but right now I only have an old mpc 500 I got cheap from a friend. Its been great and I love it but it feels very dated and limited compared to newer technology. I will definitely want to get something better one day but I feel like having something with some keys will help with my creativity and be a little less time consuming.

Silentz

Boom Bap addict
Yeah the pads are nice. Its a midi controller also so im thinking maybe use the pads on it and and the mk for melodies. The 500 is great for old school sample type beats but making melodies is not easy on it.

GhostChamberz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 128
Trust me trying to play Keys on a 25 key is super annoying, u gotta switch the octaves up and down constantly which just really fucks with your Workflow / Creativity

Silentz

Boom Bap addict
I appreciate the info and Ill keep these in mind in the future. I went with the mk mini for now since Im on a budget and dont know how to play keys anyway. Im also impatient and wanted something I can use now lol

Klypse

Space Diggin..
Battle Points: 93
If I was you, I'll get the Akai MPD218 for the same price and stick to it until you get something better. My son has the MPK Mini II and it is pretty cheap feeling. The pads doesn't have that MPC feel and the keys are cheap and short...

At least the MPD218 the pads feels like a MPC and has more banks(keys), and its easier to use IMO