Album Intros

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
WHos had the best album intros in you guys opinions, who do u think has put the most tought into the setup of their albums through their career, who sets the best tone for their albums....
example
Nas - on StillMatic he just came out spittin and u knew the rest of the album would be crazy

Layzie Bone aka L-Burna - his intro was crazy, he had the dramatic entrance with the choir.

Nas - I am, on here he let niggas know who he was and fropped classic snippets on niggas and even let jungle pop shit.

Swizz Beats - Ghetto Stories, the concept wit the kid was kinda cheesy but it was still ill.

Mobb Deep - Infamy, when u heard pray for me it was over.

Infamous mobb - Special Edition, i think alchemist did the beat but it was old school, "let em know what we bout to do" shit.

i dont wanna take em all, let me know what yall think.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
i dunno i kind of liked the way the fugees put the score to gether... the intro with the "thin line between love and hate" (i think that was an outro as well) plus the chef.. that was just ill...

vitaminman

IllMuzik Staff
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Hey,

Ice T's POWER album, the finest intro and outro ever.

Nick

Knock Out

Rap's Genious
ill o.g.
The Future's album we dropped "Bout My Business" has one of the hottest intros ever. It's got Biggie and 2Pac talkin at the same time, than the Future drops it like "I'm bout my business, you're bout to witness, me put this industry outta business" Its official

Freakwncy

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
Nas is my man...

I would have to go w/ Nas on this... how ill can you intro be, when you have a Dj (Premo) blend snippets from all your last album and people sit there and go..." Oh. thats a classic, that one too, and that one and that one..." then you know "who's the man" is...

Beatz 101

itsOneO.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 179
I like Ready to Die's intro.

That was straight motion picture shit. That was the best way to let the listener know where u from, and where u at.

That Stillmatic intro was crazy.

I like Ticals intro. That joint was hot with that little flute shit in the beginning.

K

KRONIK

DMX ON HIS FIRST ALBUM: 2 VERSES AND 1 OF THE FINEST BEATZ EVER, NEVER WILL IT BE MATCHED AS AN INTRO

B

BeatTRibe

Usually I hate intros or skits in between tracks...but somehow the intro to illmatic sticks for me.