Answer dis!

C

Cr!$!$

What's some good ways of finding good vocal samples from back in da day like da (50's 60's 70's)? Nah mean, hit me up if you kno or you think you do!

Daymo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
There really isn’t a definitive answer to this I’m afraid. Just gotta keep digging. Think about what kind of sound you want then check out some bands that have that sound. Then take the time to trawl through the records.

No magic formula, just keep gotta look harder. Try some old Jazz stuff – perhaps Ella Fitzgerald or that type of thing, as this often only has a muted piano or another singular instrument in the BG.

Cheers
Daymo

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
well, alot of old records have vocals and instrument seperated on left and right. so you can check that.

but using a vocal sample from another record than the one u used for the rest of the track isn't really a good idea. and if you got a composed beat, but only want sampled vocals, then shame on you.

ill o.g.
just gotta dig and keep digging

if you find one you like and it has drums and other stuff just EQ or filter out the lows and keep the high freq. that usually leaves most of the vocal sample

just turn the volume down so its in the background of the overall track and whaalaa

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Daymo said:
What's wrong with that Vince?
Cause he probably just wanna jump on the high-pitched vocals bandwagon.

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
The digging forum is crammed with people who obviously dont dig asking how to find stuff. they get the same answers to every question too: dig more.

i say we get some meaningfull conversation going up in this forum, like....

.... which decade of records do you think have the best aroma?

i think prefer 70s records, with that lingering scent of funk and plenty of mustyiness as well. mmm ahhhhhhh..

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
lol, i don't really smell my records.