anyone sell beats at beat trader?

micv30

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
what's up yall just wondering if anyone sells beats at beattrader.com? is it similiar to selling on soundclick? any info is appreciated. thanks.

Ambition

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
nah they sell you beats with a 20% fee on it. SOundclick is free and they get paid off your membership. Beattrader wants to sell your beats that is who they make their money hot track and a good way to sell beats

Phenomenal

ill o.g.
yeah thats a good question...when i do finish a good beat...how do i maybe make a lil bit of money off it?? any suggestions be good...i mean i dun really kno anyone who is puttin together a demo or album...u kno what i mean?

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
Nooooo

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
It's more difficult than you think to actually sell beats. Sometimes the right people might find your soundclick page an you'll make a sale through that but that requires that you get a lot of heads listening to your stuff (and of course that your bringin it on your end with the beats). Going to shows with your beat cd's are a good way 2 make contacts and possible leads. Either get a cd to the artists performing or to the people in the crowd. Talk to peeps in the crowd an you'll find there will be dozens of people who rhyme a lil on the side. Never know who you'll find if you go out like twice a week just gettin your material into the hands of artists. Someone will eventually come through.

Peace

joeburnem

Beat Enthusiast
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
5th Sequence said:
It's more difficult than you think to actually sell beats. Sometimes the right people might find your soundclick page an you'll make a sale through that but that requires that you get a lot of heads listening to your stuff (and of course that your bringin it on your end with the beats). Going to shows with your beat cd's are a good way 2 make contacts and possible leads. Either get a cd to the artists performing or to the people in the crowd. Talk to peeps in the crowd an you'll find there will be dozens of people who rhyme a lil on the side. Never know who you'll find if you go out like twice a week just gettin your material into the hands of artists. Someone will eventually come through.

Peace

AMEN BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn it's so hard!

My best years of track selling was 92-97. Satisfying customers was easy. All you needed was some wahs and some basslines.

Presently, I sell to a few small (micro) labels who pay me with Bus, Motel & Food accomodations with just enough left for a couple pairs of Air force 1s. This is a tough business!

L. Soul

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Thanks for the link. Though I agree that it is probably better for you to work a crowd locally and build up a buzz so people come to you, plus you're more likely to make sales.