Artist/Producer, attorney, and music start-up founder here! Thanks for the invite!

Hi all - I was invited to this site by @OGBama after I answered some music law questions on Reddit.

In addition to my work at a music law firm, I am a songwriting/rapping/producing hobbyist. For the past couple years I have been releasing comedic hip hop music under the name Joey Bread.

I also am developing a platform called 808Link to help hip hop creators sell and buy beats. I would love to share more about it to gain valuable feedback from the producers and artists on this site (and I hope this will be taken as a resource/discussion topic rather than an advertisement).

I've been involved in hip hop creator forums for a while now (mostly on Reddit), and among the posts I seem to see constantly are producers looking for advice on how to get their beats in front of artists and ultimately make sales/leases. I've come across so many talented producers who just haven't been able to cut through the clutter.

To help solve this problem, my friend and I started developing 808Link (www.808link.com) - a platform where producers use virtual credits to pitch beats to specific artists, who are then required (by the site design) to listen to at least a portion of the beat and provide feedback (the idea for this came from the SubmitHub blog/playlist submission model for those familiar). By paying a micro-fee (~1$) for the artist to listen to the beat, the producer gets the peace of mind that the artist actually listened, and the artist gets paid to listen to beats (which they are already doing). Additionally, the artist knows that the beat they're hearing was probably not spammed to every artist on IG; rather, the producer had that specific artist in mind. Then, if the artist wants to buy/lease the beat, the two parties are connected to complete the transaction.

I would love to hear feedback from this community on this idea, as well as invite you all (both PRODUCERS and ARTISTS) to sign up for our beta at the site linked above (we're hoping to launch the first iteration of the platform in August). Thanks for taking the time to read, and please feel free to reach out with any questions/feedback!

OGBama

Big Clit Energy