Attack of the Beats! - Battle #108

drex

superpimp trillionaire
Battle Points: 11
back at it... appreciate your commentary Fade. looking into saturation thanks!
I didn't know what the hell to do about that sample... I loved it but no matter what I did it stayed screaming over the drums. When I pump the drums they out perform the main sample and I didn't like it, delay would probably help and I guess saturation on delay would help recreate the room so they don't sound so "individual".The detuning was meant to simulate a record being bought up to speed. I also wanted to bring up the bass from the sample but again, the highs attached thwarted me, I couldn't find the right way to filter the whistle out... a couple months ago I went back and wiped off all my over-processing because that was one of my earlier downfalls, but I just picked up an MPC 2000xl so FL is about to become just a complex sample library... and I know that filter much better. I like your tips and appreciate the effort in listening thanks for picking my beat. btw, favorite words were boring and dull lmao Thanks for not holding back. your critique style is very helpful. I'm going back to this track next weekend. PEACE

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
back at it... appreciate your commentary Fade. looking into saturation thanks!
I didn't know what the hell to do about that sample... I loved it but no matter what I did it stayed screaming over the drums. When I pump the drums they out perform the main sample and I didn't like it, delay would probably help and I guess saturation on delay would help recreate the room so they don't sound so "individual".The detuning was meant to simulate a record being bought up to speed. I also wanted to bring up the bass from the sample but again, the highs attached thwarted me, I couldn't find the right way to filter the whistle out... a couple months ago I went back and wiped off all my over-processing because that was one of my earlier downfalls, but I just picked up an MPC 2000xl so FL is about to become just a complex sample library... and I know that filter much better. I like your tips and appreciate the effort in listening thanks for picking my beat. btw, favorite words were boring and dull lmao Thanks for not holding back. your critique style is very helpful. I'm going back to this track next weekend. PEACE
LOL. No problem man, just trying to help!