Beat This! - April 21-22, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
whoa there's alot to get through-and alot of really good stuff! back home now so i'll stop drip feeding my thoughts...
firstly!!! @Monarch i probs would've voted for this. the cuts and synth were so damn cool. increase the levels on the break and get a little sidechain compression in there and it really would've popped but this really appealed to me, ill be saving it for further listening, nice work!
@RUCCER_TIME i liked the vibe on this but it's obvious u need a bit more variation in there.
@Pappas Beats thight work-really impressive soundscape-were you ironically trying to create a boom bap flavour? if so, well played!
@Iron Keys @ first i thought this was a wee bit bland/boring. but by 1:45 i was loving it alot! think it just needs a little rearranging- the keys and the lead synth were gorgeous- i think if you left this a day or so and went back, you'd murder it-potential in there!
@Jay Fehrman liked this alot man! flows really nicely-god rhymin-the piano works nicely on it. good work
@marvinjbeatz enjyed the intro and outro, had some real flavour in betwen, but there was just too much goin on at times-it'd be a realy hard effort, but i think you could make it great by cutting in and out from the main sample to the side samples to accentuate things a bit more.
@GuttaTennekey perfect for battle i guess! nice rhymin too! nice 808s. just didnt grip me as much as the others but to be fair, not my style really so don't read too much into my oppinion

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
@Iron Keys @ first i thought this was a wee bit bland/boring. but by 1:45 i was loving it alot! think it just needs a little rearranging- the keys and the lead synth were gorgeous- i think if you left this a day or so and went back, you'd murder it-potential in there!

That was kinda what I was going for, obviously not 'boring' (you scumbag) but kinda chilled(ish) but then also a bit cool. That's why certain things I brought in later and not throughout.

Love re 'keys and lead synth were gorgeous'.

I'm in a weird space regarding music (both listening/making) at the moment. I think that will come across in my beats (kinda only entered this one out of a feeling of obligation, and due to a few members gassing me up in the early messages of this thread)

@Iron Keys lol you know i'm only trying to be constructive. well u shouldn't feel obliged to enter...or maybe we should all feel obliged, to keep it going and keep numbers up like! I'm guilty of entering things in here to keep the flame lit. in fact, screw it, you should feel obliged, not because people grease u up, but just to keep your hand in and give guys like me something to listen to....cus even if you don't win, you give me something to listen to that i really respect-not in a gay way, no offence to the gays.... but it kind of broadens my ears a bit like, to hear whats going through everyone's heads, and ponder how they're doing it!
anyway i appreciate your effort-it was cool. started off a little boring like, but it matured nicely ;)
Same to the rest of u, i might not comment on your some of your stuff-but believe me i listen to it, hit me up if you care for my oppinion-i'm no expert and act mainly on instinct and tastes that i have a preference for ;) at the end of the day, i love u all for taking the time to enter

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
@Pappas Beats not boombap? Y not g? You like 40 doing 20 yr old music.
Not even sure how to take this, "like 40 doing 20 yr old music"? Am I catchimg shade or is it a complimentary statement? I JUST DONT KNOW!

Either way, the "Not Boombap" title is because boombap is the flavor here at the iLL, pretty easy to see listening to all the beats made and it wins 95% of the time... so its my anti normality.

Feeling cute, maybe some opera or bluegrass for my next beat, not boombap :cool:

@K-waz loved the bassline-but mainly i loved the organ-nice work; a bit of wobble on the bassline might've generated a bit more rhythm? enjoyed it alot
@Primz good standard of production-how you've got the motivation to make anything after seeing how pooned you are from hitting a bong amazes me! well done
Thanx bro hahahahaha, yer, i do get wasted on the bong before i produce hahahahahaha you always so kind man. I appreciate you.

Vossi Beats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 238
Big ass congrats to you @ConspiracyMuzik!! Keep making beats like that and we'll soon be listening to your shit on the radio. Be kind and send me links to where ever you have it posted so I can go and listen, cus that one needs to get on my playlist asap (y)

Also a big shout out to
@nottr - Was really feeling the vibe, ifff not for conspiracy I would have voted for yours. Did you play the guitar part yourself?

@Delta_Nine - I like your flow and the beat was fire as well.. Maybe the vocals was a bit to compressed, and there was some essing that could have been dealt with. But 2nd place was well deserved!!

@guitardep - Not exactly hip hop, where were the drums at my g? But you for sure did make something very nice and viby that could be chopped up and turned into the illest beat ever on my Maschine, with a bit of that vossi drum dust sprinkled on top.. So if you down then let's get in touch about some sort of collab in the future. Would very much like that bro!!!

@Vossi Beats this is another one that I like, my only gripe is that the kick didnt have that low end. Not a big deal cause that's just my personal preference, but overall, I think its solid. Glad you are bk btw. Keep pushing the craft g.
Thanks my g. And yeah I know the mix was off in the low ends. I'm still learning how to work in the Maschine software, and most of the times I really miss my good old friend the fruity parametric EQ 2. Maybe I'll need to find something that's similar that will also be able to load in Maschine...

Thanks bruh!!

guitardep

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 129
Big ass congrats to you @ConspiracyMuzik!! Keep making beats like that and we'll soon be listening to your shit on the radio. Be kind and send me links to where ever you have it posted so I can go and listen, cus that one needs to get on my playlist asap (y)

Also a big shout out to
@nottr - Was really feeling the vibe, ifff not for conspiracy I would have voted for yours. Did you play the guitar part yourself?

@Delta_Nine - I like your flow and the beat was fire as well.. Maybe the vocals was a bit to compressed, and there was some essing that could have been dealt with. But 2nd place was well deserved!!

@guitardep - Not exactly hip hop, where were the drums at my g? But you for sure did make something very nice and viby that could be chopped up and turned into the illest beat ever on my Maschine, with a bit of that vossi drum dust sprinkled on top.. So if you down then let's get in touch about some sort of collab in the future. Would very much like that bro!!!

Thanks my g. And yeah I know the mix was off in the low ends. I'm still learning how to work in the Maschine software, and most of the times I really miss my good old friend the fruity parametric EQ 2. Maybe I'll need to find something that's similar that will also be able to load in Maschine...

Thanks bruh!!
Tks vossi, yes it was not an usual hip hop beat but i think it could be transformed in a whole new thing with good production. It is a song made in collab with another songwriter.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Not even sure how to take this, "like 40 doing 20 yr old music"? Am I catchimg shade or is it a complimentary statement? I JUST DONT KNOW!

Either way, the "Not Boombap" title is because boombap is the flavor here at the iLL, pretty easy to see listening to all the beats made and it wins 95% of the time... so its my anti normality.

Feeling cute, maybe some opera or bluegrass for my next beat, not boombap :cool:

i dunno tbf for a good while when i came back here it was Trap winning every week pretty much.

But let's not get into TrapVSBap Wars Season 89 ep 163.

Personally I'm pretty tired of almost all music, making me feel to call it a night.

I enjoyed this comp as I had time off work so sat in a sunny beer garden with me headphones and listened to all this music.
So many good tracks and was really feeling them in the sunshine.
Sorry I can't comment on all, but I enjoyed everything. These were thoughts and highlights for me.
@ConspiracyMuzik - congrats really well put together. The beat portion was really edgy and knocked.
@Delta_Nine - got my vote as loved the fact that it was a 'product' and nailed that 90s vibe
@EsquireMusic111 - goddamn what a sweet beat. So R&B, loved it.
@Armani - this was in my top 3, loved the beat, especially the piano work. Just thought the drums needed some more punch in the mix.
@Iron Keys - sick remix the music really complimented the vocals. Instrumentation was well done. Great west coast vibe.
@nottr - awesome sample, guitar was great, drums were a bit too drilling for me, thought they could be softer?
@Pappas Beats - nice one pops good protest beat but as an old man shouldn't you be on the bap? Or maybe even 80s Run DMC? But seriously really good beat.
@YannFer - was really feeling this. Awesome remix and sample work. Took me back to 2011.
@GuttaTennekey - this one got me charged and made me visualise being in a strip club, good stuff.
@Vossi Beats - nice track really worked as a song, thought drums could be a bit more punchy.
@K-waz - OMG! This was definitely spiritual, took me to places.
@marvinjbeatz - really liked the sample, liked the Timbaland vibe

crog85

Back to the Grind...
Battle Points: 815
Nah bro, i have got some accapellas here from different people. They are original but they just not me
Ah... Ok, still dope tho! Just wasnt sure... I heard that “ridin around with the green” lyric that you used on a beat a while back and thought it might be u :confusedphones:

@crog85 what do you mean by original? These vocals to my knowledge haven’t been used in other productions. So they are original from my production POV. But I didn’t hire a singer and record vocals if that’s what you mean. I wanted vocals that fit the chord structure of the beats I made so I found them online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online