Beat This! Competition - December 14-15, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mefisto Beats

SickFlow Records
Battle Points: 103
Tnx peeps for votes and all... Glad I made it in time to submit. Was fun. )
Lotta good quality beats showed up...
Now all thats left is for France to win the world cup and this would be a very awesome week. :woot:
Merry Xmas.

DJ Excellence

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 229

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Congratulations @Mefisto Beats! Had to decide between your beat, @2GooD Productions and @SJAMBOK BEATS. Voted for SJAMBOK although sounding more like a perfectly executed exorzism. Like it! :D

Thanks @Fade understand you. Lately stuck making bassy music. I like to do but not overdo and distract. @Iron Keys Would like to hear your review!

Beat is a vibe, really like the sample choice. On the day I wasn't feeling the rhythm/swing. Today I feeling it a lot more than I was. The synth work was interesting. Arrangement was nice. Maybe it was lacking some of the more overt 'christmassy' feel that some of the others possessed.

There' s a little sound or resonance in the clap or that happens with it that bugs me a little. Sounds a bit swoshy or phasey, maybe if it was more stereo. Nothing too major tho.

Good work

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
@Iron Keys

Extra feedback always appreciated if you got the time.

I found this an interesting beat. The sample was interesting/cute. It makes me think of kids dancing all goofy. Couldn't quite tell if it made me think of christmas or kids parties (minus sleighbells), also the beat was very like happy/upbeat, but the chorus sounded like some devil claus stuff. I didn't know if i was missing something, but i found it threw me off a little, and i kept questioning what the narrative was.

As a beat, it was nice, and decent mix. I maybe would have opted for some kind of stereo information with the sleighbell. I know the chorus brought in some stereo, but I think for the verse, the sleighbells in stereo may have just elevated the mix given it a nice width with the main drums holding down the centre.

Good work!!

I found this an interesting beat. The sample was interesting/cute. It makes me think of kids dancing all goofy. Couldn't quite tell if it made me think of christmas or kids parties (minus sleighbells), also the beat was very like happy/upbeat, but the chorus sounded like some devil claus stuff. I didn't know if i was missing something, but i found it threw me off a little, and i kept questioning what the narrative was.

As a beat, it was nice, and decent mix. I maybe would have opted for some kind of stereo information with the sleighbell. I know the chorus brought in some stereo, but I think for the verse, the sleighbells in stereo may have just elevated the mix given it a nice width with the main drums holding down the centre.

Good work!!

Thanks for the feed back. Yeah i went for 'happy' contrasted with as you called it 'devil claus', works for some i guess and others not feeling it. I kinda like that it made you question the narrative as that means my intended dissonance came out in the beat.

As for the chopped up kids sample : jackson 5 acapella :

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online