Beat This! - June 2-3, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
the g funk was incredible-the synths beaut-keys i think u did it...was real nice-was @Iron Keys indeed, nice job

beat6 like muggs meets gaslamp killer-nice rhythm ?andante=actually voteed this one in the end-the warbly basslines crossed a bridge between electro and hip hop that i really liked-was right it was @Andante hard luck,great beat

beat 18 ill speak to u privately lol- @Armani - that was insane, loved it-could you send me the keys over to chop?
loved a few of the others too-was nice work all round i thought!
well done to all and thanks @Fade for organising it as always

the g funk was incredible-the synths beaut-keys i think u did it...was real nice-was @Iron Keys indeed, nice job

beat6 like muggs meets gaslamp killer-nice rhythm ?andante=actually voteed this one in the end-the warbly basslines crossed a bridge between electro and hip hop that i really liked-was right it was @Andante hard luck,great beat

beat 18 ill speak to u privately lol- @Armani - that was insane, loved it-could you send me the keys over to chop?
loved a few of the others too-was nice work all round i thought!
well done to all and thanks @Fade for organising it as always
Dude I hate to talk about my own beats but that shit... Idk what cheap ass drug was I on when I made it. friccin love it. and sure just gimme ur discord or email or whatever and tell me what parts exactly u want

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544

The G funk was epic..but how was that experimental?? @Iron Keys

You should have saved that one for later..IMO :) would blast us all away probably!

Thanks, brothers, I appreciate yous.

Had a feeling people really wouldn't get what I was trying to do, so I'ma explain it...

Was 2 beats, one in L channel, one in R channel (listen in 1 headphone, or turn off one speaker and you can listen to a different beat), I also had it so the more 'West Coasty' of beats played during B Real's part, and the more East Coasty sonics played during Nas... but ALSO on top of that, I had the beats swappi ng instruments from Left channel to Right channel and vice versa.

It was a real poncy arts college type concept bullshit.

I had to like, mix the beats against themselves, then against eachother, then within eachother. Mixception.

Figured most people probably have no idea what's going on, ha!

(hope this made sense, I'm drunnnnnk af right now)_

Thanks bro! It was fun! I praise God for the opportunity to join!
sorry i didnt shout u out @Maurice_1221 was very nice work, insanely good quality- also for shout out @ConspiracyMuzik (i liked this-was it an older one of yours then?),
@LiveLargeBeats really liked the beat-gna listen back on the monitors, was tight-where do u get the samples from?
@bizob loved the keyboards and the hectic overlay with 808s, great work,
@Jamal excellent rich soundscape-what u using for this?
@laksphere another great soundscape-enjoyed the vocal sample-come follow me? very nicely put together
@RUCCER_TIME i liked but obviously needs a bit more variation, otherwise the mastering would need to be just on another level for me to vote for it
@xoxo_daisy__ i love the synth-what are u using to make this? thought it was awesome(beat 11-beauty of a drop into that gorgeous synths, the volume dips are too much but appreciated kind of? they fuck me off a bit but at least u know who im talkin about-loved the keyboards and whole vibe)-wrote that in my drunken stupor when i was voting
@SPINE.WAV can we just be honest?tiiight beat-enjoyed alot-nice drums, again i loved the synths
@thangman 'somone threw some flying lotus type shit in there that i enjoyed-had the chopped up male voice throughout,flip it up'-is what i thought at the time, but its quality!

making some headway on the mpc live 2 though so watch this space next time ;)

sorry i didnt shout u out @Maurice_1221 was very nice work, insanely good quality- also for shout out @ConspiracyMuzik (i liked this-was it an older one of yours then?),
@LiveLargeBeats really liked the beat-gna listen back on the monitors, was tight-where do u get the samples from?
@laksphere another great soundscape-enjoyed the vocal sample-come follow me? very nicely put together
@RUCCER_TIME i liked but obviously needs a bit more variation, otherwise the mastering would need to be just on another level for me to vote for it
@xoxo_daisy__ i love the synth-what are u using to make this? thought it was awesome(beat 11-beauty of a drop into that gorgeous synths, the volume dips are too much but appreciated kind of? they fuck me off a bit but at least u know who im talkin about-loved the keyboards and whole vibe)-wrote that in my drunken stupor when i was voting
@SPINE.WAV can we just be honest?tiiight beat-enjoyed alot-nice drums, again i loved the synths
@thangman 'somone threw some flying lotus type shit in there that i enjoyed-had the chopped up male voice throughout,flip it up'-is what i thought at the time, but its quality!

Yes it was. A lot of my earlier music was experimental in style. It wasn’t until I took a producing class when all that went out the window. But nonetheless I had fun listening to the creativity.

xoxo_daisy__

#tunesquad ^•-•^
Battle Points: 107

thanks, i made it mostly in caustic 3, it's lit for synths, and the lead was one of the presets lol

Thanks, brothers, I appreciate yous.

Had a feeling people really wouldn't get what I was trying to do, so I'ma explain it...

Was 2 beats, one in L channel, one in R channel (listen in 1 headphone, or turn off one speaker and you can listen to a different beat), I also had it so the more 'West Coasty' of beats played during B Real's part, and the more East Coasty sonics played during Nas... but ALSO on top of that, I had the beats swappi ng instruments from Left channel to Right channel and vice versa.

It was a real poncy arts college type concept bullshit.

I had to like, mix the beats against themselves, then against eachother, then within eachother. Mixception.

Figured most people probably have no idea what's going on, ha!

(hope this made sense, I'm drunnnnnk af right now)_
Mind blown. Will go back and listen again. I just thought you added on some chiptune synths to make it 'experimental'. Beat was tight af though.

Battle Points: 153

it was from an old western movie ;) added some horse sounds on the beat etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online