Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
:keys::bomb::fire::micdrop:

beauty pageant princess GIF by Miss Teen USA

I'd like to thank all those who said I would do it, and all those who said I wouldn't. You gave me the fuel to keep going.
I'd like to thank Fade for putting this beautiful thing together that we get to enjoy.
Thanks to those who bring the heat to give me something worth beating.
Thanks to those who love what I do!
Stay ill!

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
:guillotine:
My List, my vote!

beat this win vote list notes.PNG

shortlist (no particular order) (except first two)
beat 17 - @Corleone da don you got my VOTE. Really loved the feel of that bass driving the track forward great mix
beat 15 - @prod.bysicksiah dope! almost got my vote. really loved that 'dung - dung'. great beat
beat 6 - @Silentz the way the strings came in I thought this may have been a 2good beat. Nice work congrats on 2nd
beat 7 - @Pappas Beats haha you takin' over with the Snoopapellas! Cool stuff man. West West y'all
beat 16 - @YannFer really liked this, had a dif vibe. vibeable too! surprised it didn't place.
beat 18 - @Andante nice really bouncy boombap rhythm. also thought this could have been a 2good beat from the rhythm

beat 1 - @Andrenergy
beat 2 - @Jamal
beat 3 - @A.R. DASUPASTAR
beat 4 - @Moselly
beat 5 - @nottr yooo I only heard one of your beats prior to this and guess it right!!! Tasty beat, think I forgot to shortlist it
beat 8 - @xoxo_daisy__ Mayyy loved musically what was going on oop sksks
beat 9 - @Lightbackdrew liked the choppiness
beat 10 - @nxebeats that dry rough808 slides were nice
beat 11 - @Face Valid
beat 12 - @thangman
beat 13 - @Iron Keys :p;) called it :cool:
beat 14 - @levithareal

Silentz

Boom Bap addict
Battle Points: 113
:guillotine:
My List, my vote!

View attachment 5891

shortlist (no particular order) (except first two)
beat 17 - @Corleone da don you got my VOTE. Really loved the feel of that bass driving the track forward great mix
beat 15 - @prod.bysicksiah dope! almost got my vote. really loved that 'dung - dung'. great beat
beat 6 - @Silentz the way the strings came in I thought this may have been a 2good beat. Nice work congrats on 2nd
beat 7 - @Pappas Beats haha you takin' over with the Snoopapellas! Cool stuff man. West West y'all
beat 16 - @YannFer really liked this, had a dif vibe. vibeable too! surprised it didn't place.
beat 18 - @Andante nice really bouncy boombap rhythm. also thought this could have been a 2good beat from the rhythm

beat 1 - @Andrenergy
beat 2 - @Jamal
beat 3 - @A.R. DASUPASTAR
beat 4 - @Moselly
beat 5 - @nottr yooo I only heard one of your beats prior to this and guess it right!!! Tasty beat, think I forgot to shortlist it
beat 8 - @xoxo_daisy__ Mayyy loved musically what was going on oop sksks
beat 9 - @Lightbackdrew liked the choppiness
beat 10 - @nxebeats that dry rough808 slides were nice
beat 11 - @Face Valid
beat 12 - @thangman
beat 13 - @Iron Keys :p;) called it :cool:
beat 14 - @levithareal
To be compared to @2GooD Productions feels like an accomplishment in itself to me. Thank you sir and actually your beat with the first one I heard today and was like Fuck. I dont have a chance automatically lol

@Iron Keys class man well done-looks like you're getting to grips with sampling no bother! Thanks for identifying me in the longlist-i knew my entry sounded anaemic as soon as i heard everyone elses, god damn! back to the f&*king tutorials then!
@Andante you got my vote-not for the first time, i like your style, you create good rhythm.
almost voted for... @Pappas Beats @Silentz (Loved the vibe) and @Iron Keys
Well done all around, thanks again @Fade for putting it on. I'll see you all again in the not so distant future! :)

also @Moselly enjoyed the vibe of yours, just wanted a bit more variation

I'd like to thank all those who said I would do it, and all those who said I wouldn't. You gave me the fuel to keep going.
I'd like to thank Fade for putting this beautiful thing together that we get to enjoy.
Stay ill!
ayeeeee thas mah G. finally gettin the heat u deserve.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.

Yeah I had a feeling whether people would realise I sampled the synth/string from 'song 1' and used it to create the main melody which was in perhaps 75% of the beat! I also did use the bass from 'song 2', but I introduced it in the outro-ish section of the beat, originally it was in the verse sections too, but I felt it was just 'too much'.

This beat came together reaaal quick. I basically had my drums/pianos set up already, and I played piano whilst listening to the sample on ill to figure out a key/note for it. I started playing about idea and it was working immediately. Drums, keys, everything was essentially one take, one idea. I looked for an acapella in the rough bpm of what i was making, found nipsey x rick ross, knew tht'd be a hot choice. dragged it in to the project, started playing it with my idea. sounded hot - REALISED I HADNT YET USED THE SAMPLE. Then fortunately, the sample melody I played fit really nice with what I was doing. Every element of that was played in. Mix was fairly straight forward. Nothing clashed too much, everything sat in its space. I think a lot is production choices. Both musically and sonically. Kinda balanced as i went, only needed a few minor adjustments or tweaks. Added some special magic to it. Voila - a W!

Stay ill!
About fucking time, is it safe to assume the whining will stop now?

I didnt come up with anything worthy for this one so sat it out again. Been busy all week getting all my finished shit together so I can release some beat tapes, ep's and possibly an album or two. They are all organised, just got to mix them and get them ready for release, shitloads of work, Im still around, just busy as fuck doing what I should have done a long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.