and make the maximum amount of money possible for your artistic talents

Im not a business man, Im a BUSINESS Man.. says:

we have a website coming by the end of the month

it will be

undadogrecords.com
..Bethell.. says:

umm would i be able to produce for other people like? if theyre outside of the label?

..Bethell.. says:
but then it say like produced by Abstract courtesy of etc. ?

..Bethell.. says:

if you get me?

Sorry I had to answer my fathers call

Of course man!

..Bethell.. says:

cos at the mo im producin for other people like

you will be able to produce

our venture would be able to get yor work to a wider range of people

Undadog Records will also help Abstract get money from his beats for larger amounts than you are use to. It will also be responsible for spreading your production around the internet, and turning you into one of the most- sought after online producers.

The question is are you ready

And are you devoted to continously making spectacular beats

and do you have versatility in your style

What do you think?? dodgy?

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
I was with him until the last few lines, man I got a guy like this Im currently wrapped up in that I wouldnt wish on you.
What I would do is come up with my own contract stating exactly what you want and have them sign that as well as whatever they throw at you have that looked at real carefully.
ALSO CHECK OUT THIS MONTHS ARTICLE ON BLOWING UP FROM THE BASEMENT!
How did you come across this guy?
Make sure that you retain your copyrights to your trax or that you are getting paid well for them so they dont become the poperty of Undadog Records without your consent.
If you register as a producer here you can get a nice sample contract on leasing beats.

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
that format is mad hard to read... but i feel weird about this. a lot of people trying to start their own little labels talk much bigger game than they have.

i would prusue it, but be careful, and ask a LOT of questions. figure out if its really how he says.

thats just me though, not real experience or anything, so take it with a grain of salt.

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
eh.. you should always pursue an angle just to see where it may lead you, but colossus is right.. many MANY people talk more then they are capable of walking. See what's up with them, but watch yourself. Ask mad questions about payment, ask for everything you agree on in writing and review it before signing.

If you have a question on the contract, ask them about it or ask to have it changed. I had my first contract changed so I could have the option to op-out of the agreement after the 3rd beat was sold (or transaction, whatever). Keep all of the rights to your music.

btw.. you can post your beats in the showcase section if you want reviews or feedback.

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
<QUOTE>What do you think?? dodgy?[/QUOTE]

If somebody offers you a legitamite "deal", most legit companies would fly you out there for a couple days and have you work/build with the artists.
Now, if its a situation where they want the track and the rights for cash (which is verrry common, especially over the internet), then that's more reasonable for this scenario.

Ask them "Who are the top five "online producers", what is their "one-sheet", and
what is your plan for getting me in that top five?"

I'm gonna quote the latest Blowing Up article, read and heed:

In my conversations with the many con-men in this business, the one reason they have shared to be able to turn a profit is because of the customer’s willingness to get a quick-deal. "The one reason that a con-man will always be able to prosper, is because of the greed of the individual. People are always quick to go for the low price or something-for-nothing".

The music industry is so "cookie-cutter" in its overall thinking and practices. The reality is: if a company develops a good reputation for its goods or services, then "everybody" will go to them for services. If a company is consistently bad, it will typically prey on up-and-coming talent.

SlickVikNewman

Hip Hop Super Villian
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Dont let your material be like blood in the water dogg, know the sharks will come to get that azz!! Be careful, at the same time though check it out from top to bottom, never let a opportunity pass without doing your homework. (FYI- took me like 4 times reading through it to figure out what the funk you were sayin' main!! LOL)

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
it was all good until

The question is are you ready

And are you devoted to continously making spectacular beats

and do you have versatility in your style

forget it G.

members online