Interviews Big Grizz Interview

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
2.jpg

Big Grizz is an artist that has spent a good deal of time in the A and plays there regularly. He's back in Charlotte these days and is an artist that plays on IllMuzik Radio's Carolina Cuts on a regular basis. He took time to sit down and let us know more about him and his music.

What's poppin Big Grizz ? Can you introduce yourself?

What's up world, this Big Grizz coming straight out of Charlotte, NC Queen City baby.

When did you start emceeing?

I've been emceeing about 10 yrs, been writing forever.

How would you describe your style?

My style is like old and new school mixed. A few metaphors, raw substance, a lil crafty, pretty much straight to the point.

Who or what would you say are your main influences?

A lot of people have influenced me in different ways. But I would have to say music itself is what influenced me. No matter who the artist is, a great song is a great song. I love writing to music, letting the beat sink into your soul and take your mind to a certain place.

What do you like to do when you're not recording?

Of course spending time with the fam. But other than that trying to push my music to the next level. When I'm not recording I'm still thinking music. Listening to tracks, printing CD's, trying to set up shows, it's still music biz going on all day everyday, recording is a small peace to the big ass puzzle. You gotta keep grinding.

Anyone you'd like to collaborate with?

It's a few cats I would love to collab with - Jay Z, T.I., Redman, Bun B, Ghostface, the list goes on. It would probably be easier to say who I wouldn't wanna collab with.

What do you think about the current state of Hip Hop?

I think Hip Hop is in a decent place right now and it's moving to a better place. It's cats out there that's bringing the lyrical and creative side back. The only thing I say is a lot of people are following each other, doing and sounding like other artists on purpose. That ain't cool but it is what it is.

3.jpg

Will you be touring in the future?

Hopefully I will be touring soon. As soon as I get some dates you'll be the first to know. But I perform a lot between Charlotte and Atlanta.

Any shout outs you want to give?

I wanna shout out to all my fans, all my new fans, North Kack, DirtySox Ent, and a big shout out to IllMuzik Radio for giving cats like me a lil shine. Preciate it.

Thanks for doing this interview, we love playing your music on IllMuzik Radio, keep us updated!

members online