boss sp303 or korg es1

D

D-man

i'm thinking of getting one of these samplers i was just wondering which has got a more functional sequencer? any help

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
The SP-303 is good for just sketching out quick ideas and chopping up samples, its not really meant to be used as a centre piece of equipment. But if you have seperate sequencers etc.. then it would be good to get as it has timestretch and effects and shit. Madlib uses one.

I dont know much about the Korg ES.

sAfE.

LMNO

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Can the ES-1 or SP303 run on batteries?

I heard the ES-1 has a better sequencer, but the SP303 has better effects. Is the SP303 a step sequencer as well?

What's the difference between the two sequencers?

Is chopping slow on either unit?

I am considering getting one of these in the future.

MaximeRobin

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I have a sp303.
It ain't a step sequencer, chopping beats is very slow but you can import sound from your pc with smart media card.

I had the same dilema when I choose, but here is somes things to consider;
The sp303 is a sampler/sequencer (think of a really scale down mpc). (it don't offer step sequencing, and it's not made for this)
The es is more of a groove station that sample, so you can't bang your sampler live with it. You can only run pattern of sequenced sample. (so it's really a step sequencer) If you wanna be "groovy" or a little of beat for soul purpose, you just can't with this (think madlib/mf doom here).
The es got some nice effects tho.
The beatstretching on the sp303 is horrible.
They don't run on battery.
I think that the litte brother of the sp303, the sp202 runs on battery tho.
The sp303 is cheaper.

D

D-man

dnt said:
I have a sp303.
It ain't a step sequencer, chopping beats is very slow but you can import sound from your pc with smart media card.

I had the same dilema when I choose, but here is somes things to consider;
The sp303 is a sampler/sequencer (think of a really scale down mpc). (it don't offer step sequencing, and it's not made for this)
The es is more of a groove station that sample, so you can't bang your sampler live with it. You can only run pattern of sequenced sample. (so it's really a step sequencer) If you wanna be "groovy" or a little of beat for soul purpose, you just can't with this (think madlib/mf doom here).
The es got some nice effects tho.
The beatstretching on the sp303 is horrible.
They don't run on battery.
I think that the litte brother of the sp303, the sp202 runs on battery tho.
The sp303 is cheaper.

thanks for the feedback guys