Breaking News about a new recording format (MS3)

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Hello again everyone. In the midst of going through some major changes in my life, I ran across some very interesting info on a new type of recording format called MS3 that I had to share with you cats. MS3 is possibly the next evolution of MP3. The difference is that Sandor Mester ( a Hungarian Musician ) is working on making it possible to record a track with several diffent takes for EACH instrument and then master that track leaving all the other individual takes in and giving the listener the option of which take is opted in the final mix. The possibilities for this type of application is mind boggling. Think about this...As a producer, being able to produce one song that can be manipulated by your listeners to have several different melodies, rhythms, beats and so on...INCREDIBLE! I can't wait to see how this goes.

--dac

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
So from what I'm reading - this means that you can take out the bassline of a song, for example? This would revive the whole sampling debate!

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Yo, I just d/l'ed the free player and imported some stuff that I had recorded in PT and it is awesome. I didn't go into the more advanced techniques of setting it up so that only certain tracks can be played at certain times...blah, blah, blah...but I did try it out and I think this is gonna be the way to go on SOME songs. How many times have we changed a melody only to wish we hadn't? With this type of format, that process isn't necessary. I think it's awesome. Try it out and play with it.

later,--dac

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
If you go to the digimpro site, the di player is NOW AVAILABLE! It's FREE and it will play the music that you have stored on your cpu. It's really good and I urge you cats to take a look at it.

--dac